Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 332 | Thanked: 76 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ St. Augustine, Trinidad and Tobago
I just added GPE Calender (and erminig) to mu n800, OS2008.

There is now a "GPE Calender" entry in the applets list. But it doesn't seem to work - I check the box under Select Applets, but nothing appears on my desktop and when I go back to the menu, the box is unchecked.

Is this normal?
  • two magic OTG USB adapters
  • crossed fingers

You need GPE summary, then selecting that will show GPE calendar on the home screen.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

The Following User Says Thank You to Laughing Man For This Useful Post:
up

I downloaded last daily GPE (including calendar) and installed it using dpkg -i *.deb from gpe download directory. I see GPE calendar applet, but it doesn't start anyway. I use summary, it works. I suppose calendar applet exists for time watching. With it I have not run main calendar application permanently, right? But I try run rhis applet - it doesn't start. What I'm doing wrong?

You may need to run the GPE todo program also (to create its database) before the GPE summary will work.

tried turn off gpesummary then started todo

then turned gpesummary and gpecalendar applets on - hildon interface restarted and I'v got clean desktop without any applets...

after reboot OS I can run gpesummary, but gpecalendar applet doesn't start anyway and time notification doesn't work

The GPE Calendar applet does not work under OS2008. Do a search and you'll find several threads discussing this.

For alarms to work you must have the GPE Calendar application running at all times.

Works for me...had to spend a few hours trying different things and reading ALL the post....Now if I could only get the contacts to work...without having to import one at a time....

Works for me...had to spend a few hours trying different things and reading ALL the post
can't you post recommendations how to force this work? I need automatic notifivcations, but I don't wanna run Calendar application - once it eat battery only over one night (looks like it is still buggy too)

Posts: 395 | Thanked: 137 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Boone, IA
Hmm Works for me too. OS2008 N800

Gourmand: Thanks for the head up on the GPE Cal sucking the battery dry. I also did not notice that the Alarms were only working when it was on.

I usually close it when I'm done so....

I have GPE Cal synced via Erminig to my GCal and GCal sending me Notifications via SMS (best part of free incoming SMS on USCellular). Seems to be working pretty well as long as I have signal.

Originally Posted by here.david View Post
Now if I could only get the contacts to work...without having to import one at a time....
here.david: I just posted this morning my cludge for getting Contacts on my N800 using Info On Tap. Hope this helps

Originally Posted by Gourmand View Post
can't you post recommendations how to force this work? I need automatic notifivcations, but I don't wanna run Calendar application - once it eat battery only over one night (looks like it is still buggy too)
I don't know of any way to make GPE alarm without being opened. And it seemed to often alarm on previously cleared alarms which became irritating. GPE needs to be updated to use alarmd.

Currently I have switched to Gene Cash's calend to avoid these problems. It has its own set of issues (including the absence of syncing) but it suits me better for now.