Notices

I was wondering if there was any way to use the scrollbars in the built in N900 browser, because i'm currently using the browser as a book reader (reading html formatted books) and if i close the browser instance, it takes ages to kinetic scroll to the bit of the book i was at

i've tried using tear from the extras repo and it works, but i can't seem to exit fullscreen

thanks again.

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
the lack of scrollbars (and the whole implementation of scrolling) is annoying throughout the platform, i have to agree.

in the browser, what i do is zoom out as far as i can and then start to scroll. it's a bit faster that way.

The Following User Says Thank You to benny1967 For This Useful Post:
Press space to scroll down, shift+space to scroll up.

thanks guys, but it still takes a while, esp when i'm almost at the end of a 200k word book

just out of interest, does anyone know how to exit fullscreen mode of tear (webkit-based browser?)

you can scroll scrollbars in mouse-mode (microb / official browser)

Posts: 600 | Thanked: 742 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ England
Originally Posted by sierrafoxtrot View Post
... if i close the browser instance, it takes ages to kinetic scroll to the bit of the book i was at ...
The standard browser has a "Find on page" menu option. Before you close the browser, note an uncommon word that you can search for later. You can then jump straight to it.

Quirk: when you do "Find on page", the word you search for may not be visible until you go full screen again.

Regards,
Roger