Active Topics

I don't know if I'm missing a setting option somewhere but when I'm writing an SMS I can't get my N9 to show the remaining characters left.
Does anyone know how to enable this option?

Last edited by guzz46; 2012-01-26 at 05:43.

Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Originally Posted by guzz46 View Post
I don't know if I'm missing a setting option somewhere but when I'm writing an SMS I can't get my N9 to show the remaining characters left.
Does anyone know how to enable this option?
It is mentioned somewhere that this is a bug when you use the swype keyboard. Change to another one and the counter will reappear.

Cheers

Originally Posted by Saturn View Post
It is mentioned somewhere that this is a bug when you use the swype keyboard. Change to another one and the counter will reappear.

Cheers
I tried switching back but it still doesn't show the counter.

guzz i am having the same problem. i opened a thread with no luck. see my thread here http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...09#post1149009

Originally Posted by jackdan View Post
guzz i am having the same problem. i opened a thread with no luck. see my thread here http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...09#post1149009
I tried what was mentioned in your thread, I disabled swype then rebooted but didn't enable swype again because I want to try the normal keyboard for a while and it worked... I have the remaining characters left.

Thanks

Not a real solution but maybe stick to rule of thumb: 3 full lines with Swype enabled. That is roughly 120-130 characters (words+space)

Originally Posted by jn183 View Post
Not a real solution but maybe stick to rule of thumb: 3 full lines with Swype enabled. That is roughly 120-130 characters (words+space)
I agree its not but at least its working again, hopefully these bugs will be ironed out in the next firmware update.
Just for the record, I enabled swype again and I still have the remaining characters showing.