Active Topics

hello every one,

I have a serious problem that makes my device unusable for some time (30 secomds to a minute) when i connect to the internet. I tried some solutions that i found on the forum but did not help ( the solutions that require editing some kernel variables, including swappolube). So I want some tools that I can use to check what proccesses are making massive i/o operations but I cant find any (iotop is not in the repo). Can somebody help me on this?

I know it's i/o cpu usage because htop tells me so.

Thanks in advace.

Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
install the sysstat package - has iostat.
http://repository.maemo.org/pool/mae...sso4_armel.deb

Posts: 601 | Thanked: 549 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Redditch, UK
Every time you connect to the internet HAM (Hildon App Manager) checks for updates to all apps through updating the catalogues for the repos and then checking package date information against current installation status.

Download maemodder and stop HAM from doing this and your i/o problem will be solved.....

The Following User Says Thank You to Switch_ For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Switch_ View Post
Every time you connect to the internet HAM (Hildon App Manager) checks for updates to all apps through updating the catalogues for the repos and then checking package date information against current installation status.

Download maemodder and stop HAM from doing this and your i/o problem will be solved.....
Easy mode

as root, enter this:

Code:
gconftool -s -t int /apps/hildon/update-notifier/check_interval 1440000

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to vi_ For This Useful Post:
Thank you every one for your caring and answering my question.

handaxe, iostat does not give which process is making i/o operations, so I can't use it.

Switch_ and vi_, your solution seems to solve the problem that appers after establishing the connection but I forgot to mention that I also face i/o load even while I browse the net with microb.

Anyway I flashed my device and installed really few apps and power kernel and the device is really a joy to use. Again thank you every one for your hints.

The Following User Says Thank You to amaj1407 For This Useful Post: