I have created a few kernel settings using the power kernel today. my last was
kernel-config load lv
kernel-config limits 250 850
kernel-config save lv-250-850
kernel-config default lv-250-850

after issuing kernel-config show it will show:
min. frequency: 250
max. frequency 850

but in an hour or so (with no reboot) issuing the same command will show the min. frequency as 125. I tried making 2 different default kernels and the result was the same...after an arbitrary period the output of kernel-config show will revert the min. frequency to 125.

why is this happening and what is really going on behind the sceens? thanks for listening...

You have either made or received a phone call, the phone app resets the min frequency back to 125.

wow did not know that.

so really does it even make sense to set a value to anything but 125? and do my other selections remain? well I see 850 is still there but for instance in my case will I still be using lv? finally....is there any way around this? like is there an app you can install that reloads your default kernel settings after a call?

I am suprised because obviously many people use the phone quite often and have kernels with either 250 or 500 as their min kernel values...

ok so I made a test call and it does then change the min. frequency from 250 to 125 but is also says 125 now in "avoid frequencies".

so in reality do your custom settings stick and the readout of kernel-config show is just semantics? or does making/receiving a call actually change something?

thanks.

If straight after booting you overclock, or part of your boot process you overclock and you minimum setting is setup you will find that the kernel will not go below your that setting despite reporting it can. You can check this with:
Code:
cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/stats/time_in_state

Originally Posted by JonWW View Post
If straight after booting you overclock, or part of your boot process you overclock and you minimum setting is setup you will find that the kernel will not go below your that setting despite reporting it can. You can check this with:
Code:
cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/stats/time_in_state

ok I just looked and I see
125000 0

Since I have made a phone call, and kernel-config show displays .min 125, but also says avoid frequencies 125....this is saying, after a phone call the kernel-config show will display a min of 125 but it will be overridden by your "real" settings if you have those settings set as default (to boot from) as I do? Or put another way, the important line in kernel-config show is actually the avoid frequencies line?

And can I assume that the phone call does not reset the undervolt in any way?

Thanks, I think I am getting it but I just want to confirm...