Active Topics

would be really great as toc would work and the swipe to turn page/volume rocker would work too.

here is the link given to me by an fbreader developer a while ago (I assume since he prolvided it to me with no password or restrictions it is ok to share). As you can see the link to stable is at the bottom....

0 replies = 0 interest = 0 chance.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
"As you can see the link to stable is at the bottom.... "

Oddly enough, I couldn't see that.

Current version in unstable repository has a working 'swipe to turn page' for me (it is sometimes to hard get it right, but it works).
I've tried the latest stable version on your link and:
1) I lost the 'fullscreen' button
2) I haven't managed to get the 'swipe to turn page' working
3) Using the volume button to turn page also doesn't work anymore
4) TOC seems to work though

exactly and I need toc...perhaps toc could just b enabled in the current N900 version without a big overhaul?

the the developer said (regarding oreilly) that the toc was in its own xml namespace (whpatever that means. he then referenced this page http://www.daisy.org/z3986-issues

btw you must use a keybinding in the stable version 0.12 that I was given to toggle full screen (I use space bar).

Posts: 147 | Thanked: 228 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Toronto, Canada
Originally Posted by extendedping View Post
0 replies = 0 interest = 0 chance.

Hey man, I've been using FBReader for a looooong time now, but never knew you had a version out. I will definitely check it out. So there is DEFINITELY interest in it.

I cant spell programming, Its not my version I just emailed someone at fbreader support.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
This version has lots of checkboxes for which online sources to search for books, but I can't see a way to actually search online for a book.

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
I've built a 0.12.10 version including all the maemo-specific fixes from the old 0.10 version, but the TOC handling in O'Reilly ebooks is still broken (as it is in the 0.12.10 desktop version).