Posts: 359 | Thanked: 162 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Budapest
The touchscreen on my N9 has become intermittently unresponsive. It is fine most of the time, but sometimes stops responding to touch all together, or responds in a very jerky and 'gappy' way. Sometimes on starting up it accepts no touch input (for the unlock code) and I have to restart the phone.

I have also noticed that the Swype keyboard trace (the line you draw between letters) has more 'jaggies' than before, and occasionally has gaps. This has made typing more difficult when this behaviour is manifested, about 10-15% of the time. It stopped me writing this thread on the N9 - I had to turn to my trusty N900.

Has anyone else seen this issue?

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Eeeeiiiww, hardware fault maybe?
Not seen a single person with this yet...
Except users with some lag pre 1.1, but that's diff. to what you're describing.
You're on 1.1 right?

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Ive observe this to mine as well, but not as bad. Occasionally the screen become nonresponsive but when I press the unlock button it turns to normal.

N9 64gb black

this happens to me as well

it seems to happen mostly on the lock screen pass code screen

if i try to select a digit it will not respond, until as another earlier poster mentioned, i press the lock button to cycle the screen

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Hmmm trend here, bug lodge guys? (check that's not already done)
http://harmattan-bugs.nokia.com/

Posts: 359 | Thanked: 162 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Budapest
I think it may have been a certain brand of handcream that was interfering with the capacitative touch somehow.

Seriously. Stopped using the handcream and the problem has gone away.

The Following User Says Thank You to noetus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by noetus View Post
I think it may have been a certain brand of handcream that was interfering with the capacitative touch somehow.

Seriously. Stopped using the handcream and the problem has gone away.
Lol well thats just odd :P

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

N900 Conversations Wiki Page

Posts: 9 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ohio,US
Originally Posted by noetus View Post
The touchscreen on my N9 has become intermittently unresponsive. It is fine most of the time, but sometimes stops responding to touch all together, or responds in a very jerky and 'gappy' way. Sometimes on starting up it accepts no touch input (for the unlock code) and I have to restart the phone.

I have also noticed that the Swype keyboard trace (the line you draw between letters) has more 'jaggies' than before, and occasionally has gaps. This has made typing more difficult when this behaviour is manifested, about 10-15% of the time. It stopped me writing this thread on the N9 - I had to turn to my trusty N900.

Has anyone else seen this issue?
It happened to me as well .Returned the unit and waiting for replacement

I have kind of noticed this too, but i think it has been about the shape of the phone and me touching just a wee bit on the edge of the screen with part of my hand so it's not registering my finger just right.

Been able to eliminate the first problem when i noticed the above, but it's of course another story of some of you have actual hw faults.

Also as it has been raining for past 2 weeks non stop in here Finland i have noticed the droplets mess the responsiveness of the screen more easily than on GS or ip4.

The Following User Says Thank You to tissot For This Useful Post: