Active Topics

I've added both USB networking and Bluetooth networking to allow access to my WinXP PC at the office.

When either connection is active, I can ping and even SSH into my Nokia. From Xterm (or when ssh'd in) I can do "wget www.google.com" and Google's index.html file is downloaded. However, if I open the Nokia's web browser (or any other network apps) nothing works.

I've setup DummyIAP but whether I choose this or not doesn't make any difference.

So it seems like the OSSO apps aren't recognizing that I'm connected.

Here's where it gets weird. We have a "GuestNetwork" wifi that allows local networking for file sharing, but no internet. If I'm connected to my PC with either USB or BT AND I connect to this GuestNetwork via wifi internet works!

If I look in the Connection Manager my IP settings show up as:
Local IP: 10.20.7.x
Default Gateway: 192.168.2.1
DNS: 10.20.7.1

The wifi isn't actually providing any linkage, but it allows my OSSO apps to think there's a valid connection and use the USB. Isn't this what DummyIAP is supposed to do? Has anyone gotten this working? What am I missing?

Edit: When connected to ONLY the wifi, the default gateway is blank. When connected to "Default" (dummyiap) nothing shows up.

Last edited by bobpaul; 2007-01-24 at 21:31.

DummyIAP under the 770 kind of just works. I'm not sure what to suggest in this case, besides trying an adhoc wireless network to fake out the system: hopefully Nokia will update the DummyIAP information!

(Lacking an N800, not much else I can tell you from here)

I had this exact problem. My connection manager never even shows IPs for my previous network... Minimo and GAIM work fine... But that's not a great fix.