Active Topics

N800 $242 !!!
http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...ad.php?t=10253

Amazon price drop to $279.99 - They refunded me the difference
http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...ad.php?t=10263

Maybe it's just me...
The 770 isn't perfect, but... I love the slide on case with the 770. That's what sold me (and the Linux). And, as a techie type who's familiar with Linux, I love the 770. I'm just not that interested in the 800.
If it had the same case design, I'd do it. I wouldn't mind a bit faster, a bit more memory and the better memory slot. Of course, I haven't played with the 800. But.. Even at the same price, I'd pick the 770. The slip on cover just seems perfect to me. As a tech, I'd think I'd be all about specs, but.. :-) Oh well..

desiv

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by desiv View Post
Maybe it's just me...
The 770 isn't perfect, but... I love the slide on case with the 770. That's what sold me (and the Linux). And, as a techie type who's familiar with Linux, I love the 770. I'm just not that interested in the 800.
If it had the same case design, I'd do it. I wouldn't mind a bit faster, a bit more memory and the better memory slot. Of course, I haven't played with the 800. But.. Even at the same price, I'd pick the 770. The slip on cover just seems perfect to me. As a tech, I'd think I'd be all about specs, but.. :-) Oh well..

desiv
The N800 is so much unbelievably better than the 770 in performance and usability. I don't think I could ever go back.

Of course, I haven't played with the 800. But.. Even at the same price, I'd pick the 770.
I feel the same way. Although I haven't tried an N800 either, so maybe I'd like it. I don't need a radio, and the camera doesn't sound too impressive.

I'd probably appreciate the responsiveness and OS improvements, but I still think the 770 design looks cool and reasonably high-tech, both with and without the case.

Maybe it's just me...
The 770 isn't perfect, but... I love the slide on case with the 770.
I have to say, I wish there was something similar available for the N800. I'd feel a lot more comfortable putting it in a bag or pocket if I know it's surrounded by a solid casing.

I've got an N800 by the way.

Posts: 1,878 | Thanked: 646 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ San Jose, CA
Originally Posted by krisse View Post
I have to say, I wish there was something similar available for the N800. I'd feel a lot more comfortable putting it in a bag or pocket if I know it's surrounded by a solid casing.

I've got an N800 by the way.

Have you looked at the proporta alu-leather case for the N800? It has aluminum inside the leather, to protect the N800.

Any Nokia tablet over $250 doesn't worth the price. Get an iphone or touch instead!

Posts: 1,878 | Thanked: 646 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ San Jose, CA
Originally Posted by Crimson View Post
Any Nokia tablet over $250 doesn't worth the price. Get an iphone or touch instead!
The ipod touch is a waste of money.

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Maybe it's just me...
The 770 isn't perfect, but... I love the slide on case with the 770.
No, it's not just you

If the N800 had a hard cover exactly like the 770, I'd have bought it the moment it became available. Well, Nokia does well without my money...

Originally Posted by johnkzin View Post
Have you looked at the proporta alu-leather case for the N800? It has aluminum inside the leather, to protect the N800.
Hadn't seen that, thanks for the tip.