Active Topics

Posts: 30 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Florida
Hi,

I am currently running Windows 7 ultimate 64bit. I just want to send photos from my n900 to pc and send photos from my pc to my n900.

I am able to pair the pc with the n900, but unable to send photos from my n900 to my pc. I am now able to send files from my pc to my n900, which I couldn't do earlier. Don't know why.

After I pair the devices windows 7 shows 3 devices in device manager with problems. All 3 are bluetooth periphial devices. When I click on troubleshoot they are unable to find drivers.

Using PC suite is impossible with bluetooth.

Things I have tried:
Download Windows Mobile Device Central, and manually change the troubled bluetooth periphial devices with microsoft corp drivers. I found these instructions at
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?p=514033

Thanks for any help!
I am a newbie still, so please be detailed in any help you can give.

Thank you!

PS. I also have tried this with a nokia 5530 with the same results. following the above link as well.

Last edited by gonediscin; 2010-08-25 at 00:15. Reason: tried with another phone

if u just need to send a file from pc (windows 7) to your n900 or the opposite , u don't need all that...

if u need to send file from pc to n900 :
1-enable bluetooth on your pc and n900
2-make sure your n900 is visible
3-on your pc right click on the file you want to send , select send to > bluetooth device
4-your pc will search for nearby devices , select your n900 , uncheck use authentication if u want
5- accept the connection on your n900 and after a while , u r done.

to send files from the n900 to your pc
1-enable bluetooth on the pc and n900
2-on your pc : in the system tray u will find the bluetooth icon , right click on it and select recieve file
3-your pc will keep waiting , on your n900 open the file manager , select the file you want to send , and select share via bluetooth , on the list of devices select your pc
4-on your pc accept the file , thats all , just wait till the file arrives..

I hope this works for you , good luck .

@Ivyking

Yeah, I wish I could do that, but the problem isn't that simple. I found out that I was having bluetooth problems by doing just that. I also am now able to send files from pc to n900. I don't know why I can now and couldn't before, but that it does. Maybe I did it wrong the first time i tried, and didn't realize it then.

The important one I would like to do is send files from n900 to my pc. That I am unable to do.

I have removed both the pc from n900 and n900 from pc so I can start from scratch again. My first step would be to pair the devices. This time I will use the n900 to initiate the pair.

1. I choose new under bt devices
2. I select my-pc that shows up because I had put discovery on
3. A pop up message appears and it contains a code, that same code shows in n900. In n900 I choose as trusted device and do the same in pc.
4. N900 shows pairing complete, but pc shows driver error under the n900 in devices and printers
5. I open up the device manager and I see 3 bad devices all of which are new and happened after attempting this

6. Now I am able to send files from pc to n900, but not n900 to pc.
7. I did step by step 3x the instructions in another maemo topic.
8. I tried everything the same with a Nokia 5530 with same results, except only 1 bad device instead of 3 that n900 gives me.
9. I know this is a windows7 thing now, but only because I used another phone.

Still any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

KYLe

Last edited by gonediscin; 2010-08-25 at 00:59.

you don't have to pair the devices in the first place?
your pc is hidden by default to prevent security issues , right click on the bluetooth icon in the system tray , is there an option called "recieve file" ? if there is , click it , if not :
i don't know if any of the following will help but give it a go :
try restting your bluetooth card
if it still doesn't work , try uninstalling the bluetooth driver , restart pc , reinstall the driver .
well.. if everything fails , try sending files from your n900 to a different pc and see how things go.
goodluck

Thanks for your help. Tomorrow I might uninstall my bluetooth drivers and reinstall and post results. I don't know how to reset a bluetooth card, is it simple as a full shutdown including the power supply? I have done full shutdowns with no success. Yeah my n900 works with my xp laptop as I tether the n900 via bluetooth from time to time.

I am seeking help from MS, as I found that Iphone users are facing the same problem with windows 7. Eventhough it might be the responsibility of Nokia/Maemo to have proper drivers on the phone for windows 7. Not sure which one is slacking a lil. Outside of this prob Windows 7 and N900 rock, but maybe not together.

Thanks,

KYLe

*PROBLEM SOLVED*

Ghost301 post at sevenforum fixed my problem

"Click Start button, type "services" into the search program and files box. This brings up a list in the menu, select Services. This should open a list of local services on your system.., Find 'Bluetooth Service" and make sure it has started, right click and set to 'automatic' (mine was already set), Select "Bluetooth Support Service" and start, set to automatic (mine was set on manual)"

This didn't work for everyone, but for some, including me, it did.

KYLe