I copy some audio datafiles from the game Broken Sword into my N900 . Then the player off the N900 recognize these datafiles at songs and add them to playlist . So how do I delete them ?

Simple, just press down on the song for a second or two you want deleted and a popup will appear with the delete option

But the option is delete the files from the device . I just want delete them from the player's list

Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
I think you might need to look into telling 'tracker' (search for it) to ignore the folder containing the Broken Sword music.

Posts: 311 | Thanked: 180 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ London
Originally Posted by soleil View Post
But the option is delete the files from the device . I just want delete them from the player's list
Not sure but I think such as option does not exist yet - can anyone clarify this?...

I deleted ALL my songs and videos from my N900 using the USB cable to my laptop....although the MEDIA PLAYER tell me that there are still 23 songs and 9 videos....even that they are DELETED from my device...so ANY HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP
PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZz

Posts: 94 | Thanked: 61 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Shoreham
Tracker-CFG form the repo's will allow you to delete, rebuild and restart the media indexing libary.

http://maemo.org/packages/view/tracker-cfg/

This will remove the phantom files in the media player

or look up the x command to delete, rebuild and restart the media deamon. It is on the forum I suspect in many places as i have used it before!

Posts: 265 | Thanked: 96 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Sydney, Australia
make a folder in MyDocs called "Private". has to be with a capital P. and then move all the broken sword music into that folder and reboot

Posts: 701 | Thanked: 585 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ London, England
Originally Posted by Raif View Post
or look up the x command to delete, rebuild and restart the media deamon. It is on the forum I suspect in many places as i have used it before!
The command is "tracker-processes -r", it kills tracker's processes and deletes it's database, it should only take a few minutes for tracker to restart and rebuild its database.