I was thinking about getting the N900 seeing as it has just come to the UK. However, the only mobile carrier at the moment is Vodafone. I really needed to get a new phone as mine is on it's last legs.

Has anyone had any experiences with using mobile internet with Vodafone? Is it any good? What are the speeds like? Are they generally a good company or not?

Thanks.

i run my N900 on Voda and it's great, never have problem with service (london) and 3.5g data transfer is very good

My other half has O2 and data there, for London atleast, is problematic

I'm on O2 at the moment and connection seems quite slow when trying to connect with the internet. Do you find that Vodafone is a lot faster at connecting than O2?

Posts: 311 | Thanked: 180 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ London
Vodaphone has really good coverage in England - Ive been with them for 4 years now, but the contracts they offer with the n900 have really put me off: Ive decided to buy the device unlocked and then go for T-Mobile who offer 800min/UNLMTD Msgs & Internet (fair usage 1gb > Vodaphone is 500mb (all per month)) for only 20pounds per month for 12months!

I cannot loose the feeling but I think Vodaphone isnt the best provider for internet on your mobile device in terms of pricing and contract offers.

Do some research and find the option that works for you - thats what I did.

Websites recommended:

- http://www.omio.com/phones/nokia/n900/deals
&
- http://www.best-mobile-contracts.co....okia-N900.aspx

Hope that helps

I'd love to buy then phone straight up, but I just don't have £500 to spend on the phone right now. A contract would be great. I did think that 500mb was a little bit low. I asked them and this was only a guideline but I don't want them pestering me if I go over, which I might do sometimes.

Posts: 589 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ london
i have it on contract with vodaphone- its good in london(all over)and surrey, and it was fine in bucks when i was there yesterday.

getting alot of 3.5 g speeds

btw what do you mean about 500mbs
its unlimited web

its like 30 quid a month contract, phone free

btw if you want to buy the phone- dont go with t mobile.. go with o2

700 mins messages and unlimited internet for 20 quid a month-AND ONLY 30 day contract NOT 12 MONTHS- o2 is much better than t mobile around london- but then it does depend on where you live i suppose..

on the other hand you get the same with vodaphone for 30 a month but 24 month contract-- but if the think about it thats only paying 240 quid for a 440 quid phone..

I vaguely remember someone mentioning that they couldn't connect to Skype via a Vodafone bought N900. I would expect this for 3G (and with their data cap there wouldn't be much point), but does this effect using Skype with Wifi as well, as that is one of the (many) features that has attracted me to this device. Also, is there any addition Vodafone bloatware or restrictions in comparison to the unlocked model?

Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
Originally Posted by mysticrokks View Post
btw what do you mean about 500mbs
its unlimited web
Look up their acceptable use policy.