Notices

Hi all,

Does anyone know if Bluefish:

- Can be ported on the N800?
- Anyone could make the port?
- If there is any HTML/CSS editor on the N800?

Thanks a lot!
Max

Posts: 63 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Chandler, AZ, USA
I'd like to see bluefish on the n800 as well. right now there is um... notes for html/css/php editing, not feature rich lol. I think bluefish should be possible to port. If no one picks this up I may give it a shot once I've go my full dev enviroment set up again.

Posts: 231 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on May 2007 @ Singapore
I believe scite can do html and php editing with syntax, but i am not sure.

anyway, porting it over should be fairly simple and definately possible.

I definitely 4th that motion I've run into a couple situations where I've could have used it.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
I don't care about bluefish; I would rather use some web site that supported Dreamweaver-style table editing, but there isn't one that I know of.

OK, bluefish compiles cleanly, and runs on the tablet. Not sure how usable it is, given the small screen size and fairly busy UI (much like gftp that I compiled a few weeks ago). It requires libpcre3, which is available from the maemo-hackers repository.

Here's the screenshot:

I've posted a tarball of the compile at here, but just beware it's really untested. I didn't build a proper package yet, because I'd like some feedback before I resolve the missing build dependencies of aspell and other packages.

Installation instructions:
1. Install libpcre3 via application manager (Maemo hackers repository).
2. Download the tarball from above!
3. If downloaded to a PC, copy it to your device, either to your home directory or a card.
4. Become root.
5. Change directories to your / directory.
6. Untar the archive via tar zxvf bluefish-1.0.6_maemo.tar.gz
7. This will put the binary in your /usr/bin directory, and a number of icons and menu/configuration files in /usr/local/share/bluefish.
8. Run it as "bluefish" from a terminal. It will complain that it can't find the splash screen, but runs anyway. I couldn't find the splash image in the ubuntu source for some reason.

Give me some feedback on whether this is usable (I don't do much web development) and I'll see about making a proper package. Also, anybody with Hildonizing experience, please feel free to make the changes, I haven't had much luck with that yet!

The Following User Says Thank You to gsagers For This Useful Post:
gsagers,

Which applet do you have installed that shows both a clock and the ram/cpu usage?

Thanks

SD

Originally Posted by tablet_newbie View Post
gsagers,

Which applet do you have installed that shows both a clock and the ram/cpu usage?

Thanks

SD
It's called osso-statusbar-cpu, and comes from the maemo-hackers repository. After installing, you have to turn it on in the control panel, under "Navigation".

Posts: 231 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on May 2007 @ Singapore
The port looks like it needs some hildonization though!

Great work anyway.

Posts: 98 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Port Angeles, WA
Perfect - I'm a web designer and now I can leave my laptop at home on the trips... this is the app on n800 I was looking for! Thanks!

Only problem I had was I did not move the tar file to the root directory before untarring it, so it went 'lost' for a while in /home/user/MyDocs/usr/bin/ instead of just /usr/bin/ - just a tip for others....