Notices

Posts: 131 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Michigan
Hello Everyone,

I am looking for a way to modify the Photo applications default folder from "All Images" to one I choose. Now I know that you can just change it to a custom folder via the menu however I would like it to open a certain folder rather than all images.

This was mentioned in this thread;
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=40259

However it appears that there hasn't been any progress on the issue / request.

I have been searching OSSO and other photo related files but can't mind any magical config file which will allow me to specify a folder to load at Photo's start.

Any information would be great.

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
As it doesn't actually save any of the changes you make via the menu, I expect that the default "All Images" option is hardcoded into the application.

Posts: 131 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Michigan
Yeah that is what I am afraid of Rob1n.

I was hoping that there would be a config file or even loading from the OSSO but what you said makes sense. As changes aren't saved there is no need for a config file and the image population is controled via tracker so that takes that out as well.

Well if Nokia won't allow us to change default settings I guess the work continues on my hack around it.

Posts: 29 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Brighton UK
Im searching for a solution to this also as it really anoys me.

Im currently using canola2 soley for viewing images as i like that it prompts you to choose a folder rather than displaying every image on the device.

Please let me know if you make any progress.

i have the same problem. i have a few applications which uses images.
and my wallpapers too.
all of em come on my imageviewer!!
annoying!

there is a way to hide them though. you have to rename the folder "private" without quotes..but i cant do that since its used by other apps!