Active Topics

Basically, bought the multipack from expansys (LD-3W, car charger, car holder and navicore software)

I've got an N95 8GB, i was able to butcher the N770 holder by screwing an old spring loaded phone holder onto it, and then mounting it in the nokia suction kit as usual. I sold the GPS on ebay for about the same as I paid for it, meaning I've had this spare.

I've heard that this serial will unlock nokia maps/wayfinder? on N800, it didn't work for me on my n95 8gb so whoever posts first is welcome to have it. Navicore support never got back in touch with me when i asked why it wouldn't activate on my N95 but i'm sure they wouldn't have let me do it anyway.

So, in summary, either a free way to allegedly unlock 5 years of navigation on your N800, or you can use it to get the maps from navicore on an older model. First to post can have it.

If this makes any sense to anyone, this is what other people did with theirs:

2. Navicore software bundled does not work with OS2008 (if you upgraded your N800), but if you use the Nokia Map application that came with OS2008 (or install it again) then it works fine as it is from Wayfinder (who bought Navicore). It's the same software and maps essentially. Or you could use Maemo Mapper: http://maemo.org/downloads/product/OS2008/maemo-mapper/

3. To get navigation on Nokia Maps / Wayfinder, simply enter your CD key from the Navicore Personal DVD booklet (on the back) on the Enter License number screen in Maps. The license seems to expire after 5 yrs on mine and includes map, traffic, and speed cams updates. Not bad for £20!
Cheers

Joe

Last edited by Bossworld; 2009-04-25 at 21:00.

Howabout me? Would be interested...

Can't seem to send PMs for some reason but it's all yours if you can find some way for me to send it you. Don't want to write it on the forum as there's the potential for someone else to activate it.

The Following User Says Thank You to Bossworld For This Useful Post:
Great.

PM has to be enabled in your user account options. However, you can also email me to

tw.maemo at gmail com.

Br,

Timo W

Sent to your email mate.

I would pay to get this code.

Desperate to get one.

Maybe anyone else have a spare one?

Doubt it mate it's supposedly worth a fair bit of money but it's useless to me and I'd be powerless to check that someone hadn't ripped me off, hence it going for free.

Might find someone else though?

It's a shame that I missed it then...

I need it for my little sister, because she loves her n800 and she doesn't want to use TomTom or anything else...

I don't need my Europe Navicore/Wayfinder license for my N810.

If interested, I'll sell it for $30

jbk