Active Topics

Posts: 3 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Cambridge, UK
I'm using Nokia PC Suite 7.1.40.6 on Windows 7 x64 to synchronise my Outlook Calendar with my N900.

I've used PC Suite to synchronise my phone with my Outlook Calendar for about 4 years over 3 different handsets with no issues until the N900. Occasionally, I'm seeing entries that were deleted re-appearing on synchronisation and sometimes if the dates/times for an entry are altered then I end up seeing a ghost entry appear in the diary (i.e. two entries with the same description - one with the old time and one with the new). Not a major issue if I'm laptop because usually one entry will be categorised and the other not but it's awkward on the handset!

I haven't been able to figure out yet exactly when PC Suite gets it wrong and chooses to add a new entry instead of editing or deleting an existing one but has anyone else seen this?

And, finally, my reason for posting this in the N900 is to ask if anyone's using a better solution for synchronising an N900 Calendar, Notes, Contacts with Microsoft Outlook. Note that I'm not using Exchange - it's Outlook local mode. I should also tentatively add that I'm using Outlook 2010 but I don't think that this is a bug in Outlook because the calendar hasn't changed much in the new version of Outlook.