Hi,

I trying to code an App using python for get connected using PAN via Bluetooth. Which is the better way to do it? Using PyBluez or DBus stuff?

Regards,

Taguapire.

Posts: 21 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ California
i'm doing similar stuff in ruby.. if you get acquainted with dbus you won't ever be hung out to dry,.. and python's dbus implementation (as far as i've seen) is a little better than ruby's so you should be good to go.. cuz i can do just about everything i need to.

good luck and i'd be happy to help a bit if you have any questions because i've found no easy documentation to learning all this stuff (at least for ruby)

Originally Posted by truent View Post
i'm doing similar stuff in ruby.. if you get acquainted with dbus you won't ever be hung out to dry,.. and python's dbus implementation (as far as i've seen) is a little better than ruby's so you should be good to go.. cuz i can do just about everything i need to.

good luck and i'd be happy to help a bit if you have any questions because i've found no easy documentation to learning all this stuff (at least for ruby)
Thank for your help,

I asking it because I did read in some threads at developers mailing list of maemo that Bluez is better for do socket connection using bluetooth. DBUS is only for send and receive messages between entities, but I need to know which way I must follow for not get stacked between useless code or technology for get this job done.

BTW: I don't like to program so much, but I want to do this stuff. Python is amazing and just with an scripting language I can generate a GUI without compiling the code, that is terrific...

I will keep updated this thread for future references and questions to developer community and anyone that wants to help me.

Thanks again,

Taguapire.

Please do keep us updated as I am playing around with python and bluetooth. So far I have been able to discover devices, but what I really want to do is use the RFCOMM stuff, but have not been able to locate a lot of information on this. My desire is to control a microcontroller circuit with the N800 using BT.

Originally Posted by ezhill View Post
Please do keep us updated as I am playing around with python and bluetooth. So far I have been able to discover devices, but what I really want to do is use the RFCOMM stuff, but have not been able to locate a lot of information on this. My desire is to control a microcontroller circuit with the N800 using BT.
I did that before, using AT commands for control a bluetooth, that was very easy, but that time I used Visual Basic for do my app and Windows as platform.

Regards,

Taguapire.

The Following User Says Thank You to taguapire For This Useful Post: