Active Topics

Notices

Hi All,

I noticed that my N900 doesnt call out names so that we knw who is calling. I owned a 5800 b4 this and i loved this feature

am i missing any settings which needs to be done for this? or is it because the feature is not included? if thats the its very sad and dissappointing...

Thanks
TOM

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
no, this feature just isn't included. no settings that you'd miss. it's one of the reasons why i don't use the N900 as my main phone.

The Following User Says Thank You to benny1967 For This Useful Post:
Thanks Benny,

Guys can anything be done to include this feature? can we expect this in the next firmware update? How can they miss this feature which has became a standard requirement these days and all most all phones have it in them.

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Nokia doesn't say much about features that will be or won't be added in future updates. So it could be in the next update, but it could also happen that even the next major version of Maemo (Maemo 6) won't have it.

Unfortunately, these things are also difficult to implement as third party applications. Text to speech applications that handle more than one language are not exactly an area where GNU/Linux shines. Also, this would have to be embedded deep into the system the way S60 has it, so it can also be used to read an incoming SMS/mail/IM...