Active Topics

Hey guys, thought Id ask the community on what might be happening here as I'm not sure.

Last night my n900 froze half way through a CPU intensive application , when it came back up the default Nokia kernel was being run. (least I think it is)

uname -r
>2.6.28-omap1

Now i think this is being caused by multiboot installed by nitDroid... which is fine but I cant seem to change scaling frequency values anymore by echoing to /sys/devices/system/cpu etc

I've been running the enhanced power kernel for 3 months prior and I cant seem to get back to it.

So I uninstalled it completely and reinstalled it several times, it doesn't complain about any errors.

made sure to run apt-get install -f

The only things done the night it went stuck on the original kernal were update the Qt4 and force installed bsdl-ttf2.0_2.0.9

ran
dpkg -i --force-all libsdl-ttf2.0_2.0.9-1osso0\+0m5_armel.deb

Basically Id be happy with just getting overclocking back.

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
That's why you uninstalled NiTdroid and you'll get your OC back.

Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
That's why you uninstalled NiTdroid and you'll get your OC back.
Im not thinking today, thanks.

I'll see if there a way to get multiboot to load the power kernel.

Forgot I even had multibooting since it only prompts when booting with an open keyboard. I always just use putty if I can

Anyway, if anyone else comes across this post you can add the kernel into multiboots options with:

Code:
apt-get install kernel-power-bootimg

dpkg -i /home/user/MyDocs/.nitdroid/multiboot-kernel-power_0.3_armel.deb