Active Topics

Each time I try to download any application using Application manager on N900, I receive message: "Downloading 'application name' failed. Try again?". I press "Yes" and keep getting the same message for million times. The same message appears for every application I try to download. I don't know what the problem is. My application manager use to work fine earlier... Can anyone help?

I am getting "Error 503 Service Unavailable" when i try to download the packages manually from maemo.org/packages/.
I think that is a good idea If we create a torrent file with the packages ready, just waiting for "dpkg -i *.deb" command

Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
This was happening to me too earlier today, about six hours ago or so.

Does anyone solve this problem?

it's from those 3 catalogs: extras , extras-devel , testing.
i don't know why . i've just disabled them

Thank you so much alessandru03! Disabling those 3 catalogs solved my problem. Everything work as before. I was thinking that something is from with my app manager. Thanks again.

skeiron repository still works . you can enable those for the moment .

now i'm having problem with skeiron and " classic " repository . only this one works http:\\repository.maemo.org/extras\ .

solution?

Last edited by alessandru03; 2013-03-04 at 18:51.

Has anyone foumd a cure for this?

I want to install ruby irb from extra-devel.

It's being worked on. Check this thread (post #14.)
Also, it seems you can change the distribution field in the catalog details from "fremantle" to "fremantle-1.3" for extras-testing and extras-devel. I do not know if this works or is recommended.

Hey guys....i keep getting ( Downloading 'app name' failed. Try again? )this when i try to download anything for qtlockscreen....i have tried everything i know but the end result the same....i need a solid solution if anyone has in fact encountered this and has a solution it would be greatly appreciated.....and please keep it as simple as possible....coz im not very familiar with the majority of the technical terms used. Greatly thankful for your efforts.