Hey,

i've got a problem connecting my new N810 (great gadget, by the way) to the wireless-lan of my university.

The university's wifi is using WPA-PEAP with an certificate called "Deutsche Telekom Root CA". I downloaded and installed the certificate, thats no problem. But when i try to connect to the university's wireless-lan, i can't choose the certificate in the "wizard". There is a dialoge, where i should choose the certificate, but in the dropdown-list is no certificate listed. Weather the "Deutsche Telekom Root CA" nor another one.

Can you help me how to set-up the connection? There is an howto on our universitys webiste, to setup the connection with an linux-pc (sorry, it's in german, but there you can see some parameters of the connection): http://www.fh-wiesbaden.de/itc/dokum..._Linux_HDS.pdf . But i don't know how to use this on my tablet.

Last edited by wowbagger; 2009-03-29 at 11:40.

Nobody here, who could help me?

I hope i posted it in the right section...

Posts: 86 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Berlin, Germany
Hi wowbagger,

you need to go to control panel > Connectivity > new connections

You need to choose Wlan and then WPA with radius.

I am not sure exactly what you need to do after that point, but is would imagine you have to import the certificate into the certificate manager in control panel for it show up as an option with the radius wlan.

Xopher

Sorry not to be more help but I think that is the right direction.

I allready tryed it that way, with all different options to choose, but nothing woerks... I allways get "Netzwerkauthentifizeriungsfehler", which means Networt authentification failure.

edit: it's an wpa-peap connection with mschapv2. the certificate is an root ca certificate, which i don't have to choose under "certificate", because the n810 should find it by itself. but there are a few threads, that this is maybe a bug in os2008...

in the howto, they write that you have to install "wpa-supplicant" to configure the conenction. is there a way to install and use that program on maemo?

or maybe mer is a solution for my problem? maybe i'll install mer on mini-sd and try it out...

Last edited by wowbagger; 2009-03-29 at 17:54.

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
If the instructions here don't help you, then you've got the "bad" kind of network, and you're out of luck.

The magic step in those instructions is at 13 - 14. You have to go back and choose "Advanced" and put in the Manual User Name.

Yes, i've done that and it doesn't work... Any chance of setting up the connection in mer?

Last edited by wowbagger; 2009-03-29 at 19:26.

Originally Posted by wowbagger View Post
edit: it's an wpa-peap connection with mschapv2. the certificate is an root ca certificate, which i don't have to choose under "certificate", because the n810 should find it by itself. but there are a few threads, that this is maybe a bug in os2008...

in the howto, they write that you have to install "wpa-supplicant" to configure the conenction. is there a way to install and use that program on maemo?

or maybe mer is a solution for my problem? maybe i'll install mer on mini-sd and try it out...
I just recieved my new N810 two days ago and today when i wanted to set up the WPA connection at work i ran into a similar problem.

You probably need to import the certificate before you will be able to connect. Download the "deutsche-telekom-root-ca-2.der" file from here and transfer it to your N810 somehow (SD-card, bluetooth or whatever means you have).

Now open the certificate manager in the control panel and import the certificate.

After doing this, you should be able to create a Wifi connection.

Hope this will work for you!

i have installed the certificate bevore trying to connect.

but today, it works. how ever, i'm online via n810 and the universitys wireless lan :-)

thank you for you'r help!!!