Posts: 44 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ UK, Manchester
Surely the ULTIMATE accessory for the N900 would be a solar panel case!

This would actually address 3 issues in 1.

1. The device would benefit from extra protection. (personally, while very precious to me I have not opted for a leather case as it would add to the bulk of an already bulky phone. . . . but if I was adding functionality . . . then ok)

2. Battery life is not great! With the phone on all day while out on the road I am also assured to be offline on the way home. (All of the extra battery solutions are agin bulky and . . . not very good)

3. We save the planet - By charging during the daytime . . . that means less carbon based charging during the night time! Whats not to love!

Any takers?

Last edited by CharlesM; 2010-02-13 at 13:50.

i love this idea.!
pls smebdy give out sme solution!

1. That is perfectly valid, although the solar panel would need some extra protection.
2. If you had a solar cell that covers the whole phone, then you'd get about a watt or two in direct sunlight in the absolute best-case scenario (i.e. cell is lined up, it's solar noon, and it's not in your pocket)
3. Given #2, I don't know...

Posts: 97 | Thanked: 67 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Santiago, Chile

Originally Posted by 77h View Post
how about a solar back pack? http://www.amazon.com/Voltaic-System...9&sr=8-2-spell
That should be enough power, but are you willing to carry such a big package just to charge your phone?