Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 304 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Barcelona, Spain
Installed Kagu Media player 1.0.5 and loaded up ONE album.

When i start Kagu it loads until the album screen appears. The newly added album is not shown, only the two songs i have on the N800 are shown and when i touch the screen nothing happens, no response to the exit button, nor to the dice (i guess that's a random button) or to tapping the songs.

Questions:

1) Is the newly added album not shown because it's on the Internal memory card instead of on the device? Or how can i scan the cards as well as the device?

It does scan the memory cards. It just doesn't find WMA files.

2) How can i see why Kagu is stalling?

Timeout on the network connection because Kagu is not proxy aware.

3) Why does Kagu need a network connection to funcion?

Ton.

Last edited by Toontje; 2007-08-17 at 16:47. Reason: Answers

my kagu doesnt even start. just says loading and never does. on the n800 with latest os.

Originally Posted by Toontje View Post
3) Why does Kagu need a network connection to funcion?

Ton.
It doesn't. You'll notice that it works just fine with WiFi turned off. However, it does use dbus, and I think if your router / proxy / whatever is screwy then it blocks dbus for some reason. I don't know why.

Bottom line: If it hangs, turn off your WiFi radio and see if that helps.

Toontje,
maybe this is also related to the small bug which I experienced when there were LESS than five albums available??? Just try it with more albums and see if it helps..

BTW, Threvartan, KAGU now works perfectly well on my N800, I just had to fill it up with 4GB of music, now it is happy!!! I tried the newest CANOLA and UKMP today, and for me KAGU wins out over both! Canola has too much picture-video studd for me and no Album art, UKMP was very unreliable upon playback. KAGU with the album art really makes my N800 shine.
With FM Radio, Internet Live Streams, gPodder and KAGU (plus two 4GBSDHC Cards) my N800 now is the perfect audio player for me, my Ipod Nano stays home....
Thanks again, karl.

Originally Posted by audioworld View Post
Toontje,
maybe this is also related to the small bug which I experienced when there were LESS than five albums available??? Just try it with more albums and see if it helps..

BTW, Threvartan, KAGU now works perfectly well on my N800, I just had to fill it up with 4GB of music, now it is happy!!! I tried the newest CANOLA and UKMP today, and for me KAGU wins out over both! Canola has too much picture-video studd for me and no Album art, UKMP was very unreliable upon playback. KAGU with the album art really makes my N800 shine.
With FM Radio, Internet Live Streams, gPodder and KAGU (plus two 4GBSDHC Cards) my N800 now is the perfect audio player for me, my Ipod Nano stays home....
Thanks again, karl.
Hey audioworld! I don't know if you noticed, but I closed that ticket last night: https://www.guardiani.us/projects/kagu/ticket/72

1.0.6 will ship with that bug fix. Thanks for reporting it!

P.S. I just gave my ipod nano to a co-worker. That's one of my goals for Kagu. I want my n800 to be better than my nano in every way. I don't think we're there yet, but we're well on our way.

trevarthan,

no I did not check, so thank you for fixing this and writing it here. For my own purposes, you really succeded with replacing the Ipod nano! I have two, but did not use them since I installed KAGU on the N800.

BTW: I would really not mind sending a small monetary contribution to the project, as I am not able to help with the programming. If you have an easy way to accept this, please let me know.
Speaking about this topic, although open-source and free programs for the N800 are nice, it always is a problem for me to ask for bugfixes or features. If we could find a way to establish micro-payment applications, this would maybe make programming for the N800 or generally for MAEMO maybe less geeky and more mainstream...? please do not beat me, I just would prefer paying 5 or 10$ before I waste endless hours with testing, writing forum messages, and anxiousely wait for a reply...
just my two cents,
thank you again for KAGU,
karl.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
My Kagu stopped running with the latest update. It starts up, but just vanishes shortly.

Originally Posted by geneven View Post
My Kagu stopped running with the latest update. It starts up, but just vanishes shortly.
log into your tablet via SSH and run `kagu` from an xterm and paste the exception you see here. We'll go from there. Until then, I can't tell you why it's crashing.

Originally Posted by audioworld View Post
BTW: I would really not mind sending a small monetary contribution to the project, as I am not able to help with the programming. If you have an easy way to accept this, please let me know.
Speaking about this topic, although open-source and free programs for the N800 are nice, it always is a problem for me to ask for bugfixes or features. If we could find a way to establish micro-payment applications, this would maybe make programming for the N800 or generally for MAEMO maybe less geeky and more mainstream...? please do not beat me, I just would prefer paying 5 or 10$ before I waste endless hours with testing, writing forum messages, and anxiousely wait for a reply...
just my two cents,
thank you again for KAGU,
karl.
Hmmm... I'll think about this. I'm not sure how I feel about it. Let me talk it over with some of the other developers and see what they think.

Originally Posted by trevarthan View Post
log into your tablet via SSH and run `kagu` from an xterm and paste the exception you see here. We'll go from there. Until then, I can't tell you why it's crashing.
same problem here:

Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./kagu-scanner.py", line 890, in <module>
    if __name__ == '__main__': main()
  File "./kagu-scanner.py", line 888, in main
    Scanner(update_theme)
  File "./kagu-scanner.py", line 839, in __init__
    self.sp.get_album_covers(os.path.join(self.db_dir, 'album_cache.tga'),overwrite=self.overwrite)
  File "./kagu-scanner.py", line 486, in get_album_covers
    list = self.DB.get_album_paths()
  File "./kagu-scanner.py", line 232, in get_album_paths
    return self.c.fetchall()
sqlite3.OperationalError: Could not decode to UTF-8 column 'path' with text '/media/mmc1/music/Buena Vista Social Club/Buena Vista Social Club - 14 - La Bayamesa (Manuel "Puntill?ta" Licea).ogg'
Seems like there's some special character in the filename it fails upon.