Active Topics

Posts: 470 | Thanked: 173 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Melb
I've been trying to do something that I thought would be pretty simple, but is turning into quite the mini-crusade. I'm trying to acheive a gapless ringtone loop.

I'm in music production, and i've got my hands on a quality drum loop (4~12 seconds long), wav, super high-quality. Now, I already know it doesn't play nice with the wav file, so i've been converting it into an mp3, but even then, there's still a gap.

There was a hidden feature in android, if you can call it that, where it can acheive gapless feedback if you add a custom tag and it's on .ogg format.

Does anybody know of a particular method to get a seamless/gapless loop for a ringtone?

Cheers

Originally Posted by optimaxxx View Post
I've been trying to do something that I thought would be pretty simple, but is turning into quite the mini-crusade. I'm trying to acheive a gapless ringtone loop.

I'm in music production, and i've got my hands on a quality drum loop (4~12 seconds long), wav, super high-quality. Now, I already know it doesn't play nice with the wav file, so i've been converting it into an mp3, but even then, there's still a gap.

There was a hidden feature in android, if you can call it that, where it can acheive gapless feedback if you add a custom tag and it's on .ogg format.

Does anybody know of a particular method to get a seamless/gapless loop for a ringtone?

Cheers
more of a workaround then an actual solution...
create a new file (preferable aac which is the format of all the default ringtones) made of your 4 to 12 sec (?!?) long loop
i think 30 is the maximum time it rings before diverting to voice-mail box.
make it 60 sec to be on the safe side...

The Following User Says Thank You to misterc For This Useful Post:
Posts: 470 | Thanked: 173 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Melb
You are a genius.

Still want to know if it's possible, as would be substantially less space-hungry, but yeah..

Cheers!