for me as a mobile user, I used many phones before, but my main usage was to make calls and SMS. after my graduation and entering the work life as a civil engineer, i felt like I need one mobile phone to help me in my life. first, I bought the N900 as fantasy. After that I discovered that it is great and it can help in many things even in work and in life. Just now, I am seeing an application for girls which can gives you information about the girls' cycle. really, I am very impressed. how your partner will feel when she will find you interested in such as information.
even for some works applications, i found many good things. my main problem was that I am new user even i didn't heard about maemo before and this site. You can say that I am a little bit far from the technology since I am in an another domain. Now I feel like i have the basics and I am happy for it.
I installed many applications on my n900. but now i want to return my phone as manufacturer programming to make it clean and to reinstall applications that i found it important. But I want to keep backup for the messages and contacts only. can you help me please with this issue?

Best Regards for all here. Really you are good persons and sorry for any disturbance I did.

Posts: 208 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ saint petersburg, fl
You can do that by backing up your contacts and flashing the firmware. If you use the vanilla image it will completely wipe everything. If you just use the latest image it will just wipe out all of the applications. It will also wipe out your conversations so you may want to find someone that can help you with that though.

http://wiki.maemo.org/Updating_the_tablet_firmware

The Following User Says Thank You to weirdbeard For This Useful Post:
Posts: 56 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Cyprus
You can always go to Application Manager > Uninstall > and then choose Maegirls and all the other applications that you wish to remove

can someone help me. i open my app manger and it said operation fail. what does this mean? i cant seem to dl anything or uninstall b/c it cant find any app