Active Topics

I bought a spare for each of my N900s in case I trashed the first ones putting them on, but they went on so perfectly, no dust or bubbles that I now have two spares that I don't anticipate using.

Fitting instructions:
Wash your hands
Wash the phone screen (including the greasy edge bits)
(I chose to) Peel about 2 inches off the backing at the camera-eye end
Butt it up flush with the metal rim round the screen
Rest a finger on the top of the protector
Peel the backing away smoothly, following pressing gently with your finger on top of the protector
The adhesive layer on the protector is attracted to the screen easily
I didnt even need to squeegee any bubbles out, just pressed the edges down
Took a few minutes, photo available of the finished result on request

It has cutouts for the camera, earpiece, nokia logo and prox sensor and fits with half a mm or less gap all the way round. Touch screen feels like before (no papery texture like the ARMR200) and isn't noticeably less sensitive. Overall finish resembles the standard screen

£5 in my paypal account gets it posted to you first class UK royal mail. I've got some spare alcochol wipes you can clean the screen with, just ask in the PM

First come, first served (by order of public thread posting) - please say here that you'll have one and PM me your details. I'll advise the paypal account info via PM

Cheers
CJ

Originally Posted by cjard View Post
£5 in my paypal account gets it posted to you first class UK royal mail. I've got some spare alcochol wipes you can clean the screen with, just ask in the PM

First come, first served (by order of public thread posting) - please say here that you'll have one and PM me your details. I'll advise the paypal account info via PM
Hi CJ, I'd like one if it's still available.

Posts: 4 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on May 2010 @ South Wales, UK
Ill Take 1 off your hands.

whats your paypal

Originally Posted by witchole View Post
Hi CJ, I'd like one if it's still available.
...but I can't PM you for some reason

...but I can't PM you for some reason
Apparently I need to have made 5 posts before I can PM, so hopefully this will count as the 5th.

Originally Posted by N.Howell View Post
Ill Take 1 off your hands.

whats your paypal
I think you need to have made 5 posts before you can PM anyone.

I think you need to have made 5 posts before you can PM anyone.
Got my 3x screen protectors after 2 weeks and I live at the other end of the world.
(http://nokia-n900.com/products-page/)

Originally Posted by panta View Post
Got my 3x screen protectors after 2 weeks and I live at the other end of the world.
(http://nokia-n900.com/products-page/)
Thanks for that link - are they as good as the Vikuiti DQC-160 screen protectors? They're certainly cheaper!

Thanks for that link - are they as good as the Vikuiti DQC-160 screen protectors? They're certainly cheaper!
Thinner compared to previous iphone protector that did not fit properly.

pos: perfect fit, opening for earpiece and 2nd camera
neg: small bubble around 2nd camera opening, at least not irritating to me. Also have very faint scratch marks after pressing too hard with stylist in Mypaint. (also 1mm gap around edges)

however looks perfect while looking at it now, actually need to look very closely to notice that I am using a screen protector!

Last edited by panta; 2010-05-11 at 19:50.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I wish they didn't have holes cut out for the proximity sensor and camera. Otherwise they seem perfect.

BTW, does anyone know of a screen protector that hasn't got cutouts for the prox sensor and camera AND is a close fit?

I've got a Clarivue screen protector and it only has a cutout for the earpiece but it isn't the best fit > I have approx. 1mm gap around the edges and the cutout for the earpiece is quite big as well...