hello everyone.. i am new to this forum but i have been viewing this forum for almost 2 years. N900 is a superb device. it can do everything. i read about cracking wep keys and wpa keys, it can do MITM attack with yamas, and many more. so i was just wondering wether it can hack into another samrtphone connectr to the same network. i dont mean to harm anyone or use it for any illegal purposes. its just for testing the capabilities of our beloved N900. so guys is it possible? this is my first post as a member of this forum. i hope to get all solution to my problems and also would love to help others. thank you

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
In theory, if the smartphone is connected using mobile internet (as opposed to just idly sitting on the network as a phone), and if they're connected on the same internal network (I.E. people in Florida are probably on a different internal network than those in New York, even if the provider is the same company for both), that's a very likely yes.

I doubt most phones or networks are that secure against someone who knows what they're doing (I'm NOT someone who knows what he's doing in this context).

However, I don't think there's any special tools for that, so the hacking that would be easily doable would be the hacking over actual internet protocols.

On the other hand if you want to do low-level hacking (the kind that aireplay-ng from the aircrack-ng suite does, injecting packets, etc), then you'd probably need an open telephony stack with appropriate raw data injection capabilities, and I don't think such a thing exists.

Originally Posted by Mentalist Traceur View Post
In theory, if the smartphone is connected using mobile internet (as opposed to just idly sitting on the network as a phone), and if they're connected on the same internal network (I.E. people in Florida are probably on a different internal network than those in New York, even if the provider is the same company for both), that's a very likely yes.

I doubt most phones or networks are that secure against someone who knows what they're doing (I'm NOT someone who knows what he's doing in this context).

However, I don't think there's any special tools for that, so the hacking that would be easily doable would be the hacking over actual internet protocols.

On the other hand if you want to do low-level hacking (the kind that aireplay-ng from the aircrack-ng suite does, injecting packets, etc), then you'd probably need an open telephony stack with appropriate raw data injection capabilities, and I don't think such a thing exists.
first of thank you for your reply.
i meant was that. if there are two phones connected to the same wifi network. for ex: N900 and galaxy s. is it possible for N900 to hack into galaxy s. may be see messeges or copy.

...of course just for testing purposes

The Following User Says Thank You to sirpaul For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Mohammed Muid View Post
if there are two phones connected to the same wifi network. for ex: N900 and galaxy s. is it possible for N900 to hack into galaxy s. may be see messeges or copy.
The question is a bit too vague. With the N900 you can do what a normal computer would be able to do. So the question you're asking is: are there any security holes in the galaxy S that are exploitable over a network?

For that, I would ask in an appropriate forum. THEN, once you know which hole you want to exploit, and (possibly) which tool(s) you'd need, you can ask again here (or find/compile the tools yourself).

Originally Posted by reinob View Post
The question is a bit too vague. With the N900 you can do what a normal computer would be able to do. So the question you're asking is: are there any security holes in the galaxy S that are exploitable over a network?

For that, I would ask in an appropriate forum. THEN, once you know which hole you want to exploit, and (possibly) which tool(s) you'd need, you can ask again here (or find/compile the tools yourself).
thanks for replying. i guess its not possible then.

GPRS Hacking: PDF Guide

This is very expensive, but you can install osmocom and use a supported (and very cheap) phone.

Remember, you can't do this, even for testing purposes (unless you test it with a Faraday cage).

The Following User Says Thank You to isorn For This Useful Post:
I don't know if people who developed osmocom could develop a hardware driver for N900. Then you could compile the necessary programs to be installed on the phone.

Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Mohammed Muid View Post
thanks for replying. i guess its not possible then.
I didn't say that!

Let's say that Android phones have an ssh server enabled and the root password is "isuck".

With the N900 you only need an ssh client and the Android is p0wned for good.

Unspecific questions, unspecific answers.

The Following User Says Thank You to reinob For This Useful Post: