Hi all,

I had to reflash my 'phone yesterday (it wouldn't boot -- it's the first time I've had this problem since I've owned it and I'm not sure what the cause was), using the 'RX-51_2009SE_20.2010.36-2.203.1_PR_COMBINED_203_ARM' firmware.

Whilst reinstalling software, there were a couple of packages that I was unable to install via HAM/FAM due to them not being in the currently available repositories: 'libwildmidi0', required by 'CSSU testing', and 'bzip2', required by 'FileBox'. I managed to track down these packages in the mirror of the 'downloads.maemo.nokia.com' repository hosted at skeiron.org, and manually installed them by downloading them to my 'phone and using 'dpkg -i <package name>', since that mirror isn't set up as a repository that can be used by HAM/FAM.

I thought I'd point this out, in case anyone else has the same problem. I'm also wondering why this particular repository, which appears to contain a number of packages that are unavailable elsewhere, is not being hosted at repository.maemo.org.

Edit: I've just remembered that I also removed the installer for 'ForecaWeather' that came pre-installed with the firmware I reflashed and later realised that I actually wanted to install this app, which is also only available in the 'downloads.maemo.nokia.com' mirror.

[Happosai]

Last edited by happosai; 2013-03-11 at 00:18.

Posts: 2,102 | Thanked: 1,937 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Berlin, Germany
Since these 'Inglorious b.'s from Nokia decided not to renew the signing key for their repositories, HAM does not install those packages, because they are not considered to be secured by the package management system 'apt'. There is nothing you could do around it but install them manually or use apt-get directly from the X-Terminal application
Code:
sudo gainroot
apt-get update
apt-get --force-yes -y upgrade
The '--force-yes' option might be risky in most cases and should not be used in other cases without really knowing what you do!!!