Posts: 155 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Dublin
Why does the N900 update email and repositories ok through some wifi routers and not others.

At home my device doesn't update repositories properly and i don't get new email when it's connected to my router (my service provider is Eircom), although strangely, it updates fine at a friends house who is using the same ISP?

Is this anything to do with WEP/WPA?

I've tried things like entering dns details in the internet connections settings but it makes no difference.

Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 1,292 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Tartus.Syria
for me i tried so many routers types and WEP/WPA and all good
https://www.facebook.com/ZoRk7

Posts: 310 | Thanked: 202 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Ireland
I reckon you can put it down to Irish comedy broadband. I'm on satellite and I end up using gprs half the time because it's more reliable. Often it won't update anything when I'm connected to my router. Sorry I can't be more helpful

Posts: 155 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Dublin
That's ok.. if i could single it down to just one ISP than it would be simple.

I've decided to sell me N900 anyway. It's definitely time to move on and away from Nokia perhaps. The 808 does interest me just for the camera but the Note will probably be what i move to.