Active Topics

Hi guys.

Got a strange problem with one of my email accounts. As you can see, screenshot 1 is telling me there's "No messages", however screenshot 2 is telling me there is "Show more - 250/277" in the drop down menu.

My main account is behaving as it should. Nothing in the in-box, so there's no "Show more" button.

Can this be fixed via X-term with a command?

Posts: 131 | Thanked: 170 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Netherlands
1. Did you install any applications which mess with the email-system?
2. What email-provider/service do you use? (e.g. @hotmail.com)
3. Have you tried to remove and re-add the email account from the email-app?

I also had this situation with a pop account for which I downloaded only copies of the mails (leave messages on server). i' quite sure it has to do with this but don't know exactly what.

The Following User Says Thank You to gbuergisser For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ffha View Post
1. Did you install any applications which mess with the email-system?
2. What email-provider/service do you use? (e.g. @hotmail.com)
3. Have you tried to remove and re-add the email account from the email-app?
1. Nope.

2. 1st and main account is POP3 via GMX. 2nd account is my home ISP's webmail service (Madasafish/Brightview) POP3

3. Not yet, I'll probably give it a go today.

Cheers.

Originally Posted by gbuergisser View Post
I also had this situation with a pop account for which I downloaded only copies of the mails (leave messages on server). i' quite sure it has to do with this but don't know exactly what.
Sounds like you may have hit the nail on the head.

Seems to have got it's act together on it's own in the end.
It's probably some intermittent bug that crops up.

On my device the message "Show more xxx/yyy" didn't appear right from the start. It appeared after a few days in which I didn't delete the e-mails from the server (because I didn't check the original account).
Tapping the "Show more" button didn't bring up anything. So I just ignored it. Everything else was fine.

I'm having the same issue ... it says about 900 emails, but there are only a few ones ...
the option for leaving messages on the server is set ...
deleted the account and configured a new one ... still the same ...

i had configured the email client like that from the beginning when I got the phone in the end of 2009 ... when i deleted a message on my N900 it got deleted on the POP Server too ... and the number of emails was correct ...

that all changed a few months ago (don't know when exactly) ... now emails on the server don't get deleted anymore (which was a nice feature) and the email count only goes up, even when I delete all emails from the account ... deleting the account starts the count at zero, but then behaviours the same ...

if there's a way to get it to work like it did first i'd be happy to read it

ps: my local email-provider hasn't changed and I don't remember installing any app that could have messed with the email program

Last edited by sil; 2011-05-01 at 20:49.