Active Topics

hello. I am a software developer of 4 years on the .NET framework. the only thing I know about linux is from a linux class I took in college about 6 year ago. we installed redhat 9.0

anyways, I want to get into maemo development because I ream somewhere that downloading something (i forget the name) makes development for maemo almost like .NET development.

anyways I started on those instruction on how to run a virtual PC of maemo, and SDK, and I am not sure if I am doing it right,

https://garage.maemo.org/plugins/wik...id=1033&type=g

ok, I dont really get this part:

6a. Before the VM is starting, you can select settings and change the network card.

- OR -
6b. While the VM is first starting, on the status bar should be an icon for the network. Right mouse click on it and then choose your network card.
6a.... change it to what?
6b. my network card isn't an option, I have local only, or NAT shared.

I just picked shared......
I have no internet in my virtual PC. I don't really care for these instructions. I hope someone can help me out there.

Thanks

Roger T.

nevermind.. figured it out... thanks I guess

Posts: 71 | Thanked: 65 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Brighton, UK
Just a gentle reminder, which I hope you'll take in the spirit in which it is intended...

Those notes are on a Wiki, so if you feel they're not clear enough for people starting out on the Maemo development journey, you can sign up for a Wiki account and edit the instructions to make them more helpful.

I'm a Python coder, so I'm interested in learning about PyQT on Maemo. As soon as I can get a bit more RAM in my Linux machine at home, I'll take a look at the developer WiKi and get a virtualised Maemo set up, although I'll be using VMWare workstation rather than VPC, so I may have some contributions that I can make to the WiKi myself!