Active Topics

Hi everyone!
I know it is a lots of threads on this topic here but i think my is a bit unusual.
So 3 days ago i found my n900 turned off in the morning, so firs is first i pluged it in to charge, but i got no orange led just the Nokia logo with a backlight and USB icon on and then it turned off and all over again.
So i got down, turned on the flasher and starter flashing the fiasco witch flashed succesfully, then i starded flashing with the vanilla and it said device not found, so i waited for a couple of minutes and it started flashing. The phone in the mean time switched to booting screen and got stuck on second dot, after that the flasher finished succesfully and it rebooted the phone but still that same problem- goes to nokia logo and thats it!.
I also tried conecting the phone without battery to the PC and then inserting the battery but it switches on automaticly and still that same problem.
Iordered an external charger for the battery witch schould be with me with the next couple maby 3 days.
Is there somethong i can do in the mean time? Will it still work?
I did not install any aplications in the last 2 months and it was updated to PR1.3
Any help and input is appreciated.

Last edited by prezes2117; 2011-06-02 at 12:54.

Posts: 889 | Thanked: 2,087 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Manchester
I don't know if this might help you, but it came to mind when you mentioned the second dot.
http://wiki.maemo.org/User:Jebba/Fla..._reflashing.21

Have you install uboot

Originally Posted by mrsellout View Post
I don't know if this might help you, but it came to mind when you mentioned the second dot.
http://wiki.maemo.org/User:Jebba/Fla..._reflashing.21
Thanks guys
I tried the R&D but that did not help

Originally Posted by shardul View Post
Have you install uboot
No i did not, i only had some games on it and movies but the last time i downloaded anything on it was about 2 months ago

First, Are you using 64-bits.

First, Are you using 64-bits.
I am using Vista 32bit, but hoe i stadet the flasher done its job so im not to sure now.
I noticed something: when i switch the phone it goes to nokia logo the 5-10 sec later it just switches off and doesnt restart, but when i plug the wall charger nokia logo comes in with the USB icon the the icon desaperes then 5-10 sec later it restarts and that same again, no orange or whithe led. Display comes on with backlight
Any ideas

in the flashing mode the backlight is lit all the time

You need to charge your battery by any other method or you can use nokia 5800 battery.

You need to charge your battery by any other method or you can use nokia 5800 battery.
Unfortunatly i dont have a 5800 battery on hand :/.
I will need to w8 for the external charger then.

But i just flashed it one more time with only the emmc image and it went in to booting mode just before flashing but got stuck on the second dot but now it had a solid yelow led. is that good?
I will try as well to flash it now with fiasco and will se what happends