Active Topics

Posts: 15 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Italy
Hi,

I'm not sure how I have to keep my contacts if some of them share the same number (i.e. my father and my mother have the same home phone number).
With my old phone (Nokia N80) if i received an incoming call from one of this numbers than the software didn't recognize the contact ('couse the number was shared between more contacts).

Maybe I could record a special contact such as "parents home" that stores the number instead of every single contact.
But I'd also like to find the number not only in that special contact but also in each contact belonging to the group of people that shared that number.

How did you solve it?

Thank you,

Luca.

I don't understand? Here's how I had it setup.

Mom (cell # and home #)
Dad (cell # and home #)
Sister (cell # and home #)
Home (home #)

So that's 4 contacts, whenever anyone called me from the home # phone it just showed "Home".

Is that what your asking?

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

The Following User Says Thank You to Laughing Man For This Useful Post:
Thank you for your reply, that was exactly what I was asking.

But I can't understand why whenever somebody calls you from the home # phone it just showes "Home".
How could the application guess that you want "Home" to be shown?

I have 3 contacts sharing my home# number.
(me, my wife, my son)
If I try to call my N900 from home the phone shows one of the contacts. (my wife)
Now, if I check my incoming call history, I see another caller linked to the number. (my son)

Does this happen also to you?

Thank you, Luca.

It probably shows Home because I have the numbers ordered cell first, home second (I think they're ordered by when you put them in). So if you put the home phone # first it would be the first one listed, but since I have them all second my home contact is the only one that has the home phone # listed first thus the N900 probably assumes that's the one.

For me, it just shows Home (even on the call logs).

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

I also have cell first and home second, so I think it works in an unpredictable way the phone searches for the number in your phonebook.

I wonder if there is a workaround.

Thank you,

Luca.