This is a very interesting article...

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...BNFLHpE&pos=13

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to me2000 For This Useful Post:
Where do you see meego in that article?

Posts: 209 | Thanked: 150 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ York, Pa., USA
I didn't see anything aout MeeGo in that article. Reading the article it seems as if lowering proces is keeping NOKIA from going under.

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Whoa.

Nokia is in a much worse condition that I thought they were (judging by what's exchanged in this forum). I didn't know that Nokia slashed their prices so heavily to retain their marketshare, hitting them so hard on their bottomline (profit).

In the end, numbers do matter.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

Originally Posted by Tiptronic View Post
Where do you see meego in that article?
"will have new smartphones this year that will “help close the gap” with Apple Inc., Research In Motion Ltd.’s BlackBerry and devices based on Google Inc.’s Android software."

“The best way to leverage Nokia’s strengths is to be a mass producer of cheaper, good quality products, which would rapidly lower their R&D costs,” said Pedersen."

To me these quotes and the references to getting the out of control R&D spending under control scream Meego.

The Following User Says Thank You to me2000 For This Useful Post:
I think they are buggered. They seem to have lost their way.
That's the impression I form from the last 12 months or so of announcements, leaks and so on.

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Although MeeGo has some big names behind it, I think it's still too early for Nokia to give MeeGo out as a solution to the market analysts. It's unproven (0% marketshare) and the brand is practically an unknown in the market.

Reading those passages, I thought they were referencing Symbian 3 and 4 which has great track record and have always been associated to Nokia mobiles.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by ysss View Post
Whoa.

Nokia is in a much worse condition that I thought they were (judging by what's exchanged in this forum). I didn't know that Nokia slashed their prices so heavily to retain their marketshare, hitting them so hard on their bottomline (profit).

In the end, numbers do matter.
The bloomberg article doesn't make sense to me after the recent figures published by nokia. profit's up, not down, and market share is rising, too. (both YoY)

bloomberg makes it look as if both were declining.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to benny1967 For This Useful Post:
Symbian 3 and 4 and the lack of an OS like Apple has is what is keeping Nokia from competing. Meego is their solution to that problem.

Nokia and others now see the wisdom in owning the OS that your phone runs. Symbian 3 and 4 can't keep up and a rewrite won't get it done either. Meego is their only hope. Google got it done with Android and showed the way. Now Nokia et al are going to rely on Meego.

Expect Meego to develop very quickly. Nodia's future relies on it.

Yes its new. That is a good thing. The market wants something new AND BETTER.

Posts: 579 | Thanked: 286 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Australia
"Now 34 billion euros, or $44 billion...........shadow of its 1999 peak of 203 billion euros, the highest of any European company. "

"Nokia came in 43rd in a brand-ranking study released last week by Millward Brown Optimor, tumbling 30 places in a year."

nokia what are you doing. its so obvious what you guys do wrong. apple has trained the world with how to do firmware updates, installing apps but we could do it with symbian many years ago but the general public didnt know. nokia marketing/appeal is very very bad. i love nokia but im a techie

Tags
it's floor wax, slick-be-gone