Active Topics

Hi, I would like to write some application on Nokia N900 with Maemo 5. My problem is that, I need to launch this application with turning on device. Do you know how can I add my application to autostart? Thanks for all reply and advice.

What is your application ? i know desktop widgets are starting right after switching on the phone

Create a file in /etc/event.d, check the ones already there to get a "template" to follow.

The Following User Says Thank You to gionni88 For This Useful Post:
Hmm..., is there anything what I can do from application level? I mean that I want to add my aplication to autostart just with instal it on device.

Originally Posted by minsc View Post
Hmm..., is there anything what I can do from application level? I mean that I want to add my aplication to autostart just with instal it on device.
I am afraid it is not so easy. A sure fire way to get a program to start is to stick a script in /etc/x11/xsession.post/

What program do you want autostarted?

The Following User Says Thank You to vi_ For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by minsc View Post
Sure, you can create the file directly from the app. You need root rights to save the file in /etc/event.d, so you can create the file in MyDocs and than moving it with a sudo command. To use sudo command from your app you need to create a sudoers file in /etc/sudoers.d.

If you wish you can deploy the file directly when installing the deb package since dpkg has root rights.

The Following User Says Thank You to gionni88 For This Useful Post: