Hi,
I've formatted as ext3 my internal card and I've created two partitions (one ext3 and one VFAT) on my 6Gig external card.
On startup the system (Nokia-N810-23-14) correctly finds and mounts
the first two partitions (the two ext3 partitions) but it ignores the third
(the VFAT one). If I mount it by hand under /media/mmc3 it works just fine,
I see all three partitions.
Now, what I want to do is to modify the startup process to mount all the partitions but I couldn't find the script/settings that does that.
Usually I use dmesg to understand/follow the startup process but in this case is useless, I can't find any related info in there.
Any hints for external media mount script ?

Hi. I can think of a couple of ways you could do try to do this. The first is go into /etc/fstab, and make sure the "noauto" keyword isn't in the line for mmc3. "noauto" prevents a "mount -a" from mounting that filesystem.

If that doesn't work, you could try writing a dummy init script and place it in /etc/init.d. It would need to respond appropriately to the "start", and "stop" arguments, and you might have to make symlinks in the rc5.d, etc, dirs. I don't know that this litttle machine does runlevels, so I'm not sure if you need the symlinks.

Let me know if you need more info on this.

Posts: 2,152 | Thanked: 1,490 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by nullpointer.gpf View Post
Hi,
I've formatted as ext3 my internal card and I've created two partitions (one ext3 and one VFAT) on my 6Gig external card.
On startup the system (Nokia-N810-23-14) correctly finds and mounts
the first two partitions (the two ext3 partitions) but it ignores the third
(the VFAT one).
So, umm, you have two or three partitions? Easiest is to create vfat one as first not second or third. First partition is expected to be fat and is mounted automatically.

fstab is not used, adding startup script or modifying existing one should work though

If you really need to PM me with troubleshooting question please consider posting it to the forum instead. It is OK to PM me a link to such post then. Thank you.

Tags
mount mmc dmesg