Notices

Posts: 162 | Thanked: 351 times | Joined on Apr 2006 @ Cotswolds, UK
I have released an updated GPE Beta. It is currently available in the Diablo extras-devel repository and I should shortly have it available in the Fremantle, Bora and Gregale repositories. Please provide feedback if you install and test this release as I would like to release this as a general update (in the Extras repository) in the next few weeks.

If you are using Diablo or Fremantle you can see the changes for each component as the upgrade description in the Application Manager. However, Bora and Gregale AppMgr do not show this so I will update the first reply to this message with the full list of updates.

This is primarily a bug-fix update to the previous Beta release. No major new functionality (except Fremantle support, of course).

Although the stable update will be made available in the Extras repository, this beta release is available in the "extras-devel" repositories (I will promote the fremantle version to extras-testing once I have done some initial testing). To see the update you should add a catalogue to the Application Manager as:

Catalogue name: extras-devel
Web address: http://repository.maemo.org/extras-devel
Distribution: your distribution name: gregale, bora, diablo or fremantle
Components: free

Note: even if you already have this repository set up, it is important that the Application Manager gets the latest list of packages. To force this, open up the repository entry as if you are going to change it but just click on OK. When you Close the Catalogue list the application manager will say it is "checking for updates".

After refreshing the package list and checking for updates, the application manager should offer to update whichever of the the GPE applications you have installed: GPE Calendar, GPE Contacts, GPE File Manager, GPE Timesheet, GPE Todo or GPE Audio Player. The version should be 2.8+maemo+svn20100128-1 or later.

I strongly recommend that you disable the extras-devel repository again after you have done the upgrade as it contains unreleased versions of many programs which you will not want to update.

I recommend a reboot after doing the upgrade so it can load the latest gpesummary.

Graham

Last edited by Graham Cobb; 2010-01-28 at 23:53. Reason: Update for 20100128 version

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Graham Cobb For This Useful Post:
Changes since previous Beta release.

GPE Calendar:
  • Fix crash when importing bad calendar data (bug 275)
  • GPE Summary handles missing databases (bug 290)
  • Improved Fremantle UI support
  • Fix unloading and reloading of GPE Summary widget
  • Make GPE Summary widget sensitive on Fremantle
  • Fix crash accessing remote passwprd protected calendars on Fremantle (bug 311)
  • Handle lower case z importing times (bug 314)
  • Fix duplicating of categories and imports of categories (bug 309)
  • Fix month view display of all-day events (bug 320)
  • Reduce battery drain of GPE Summary widget

GPE Contacts:
  • Fix nickname handling (bug 258)
  • Fix name import/export (bug 269)

GPE Todo:
  • GPE Summary shows abandonned todos
  • Remember category between sessions (bug 261)
  • Fix crash when creating new item with non-English locale

GPE Timesheet:

GPE File manager:
  • Fix crash in rename handling

GPE Audio player:
  • Fremantle support
  • Add group by artist and group by album
  • Always use the default caption in the queue tab

Last edited by Graham Cobb; 2010-01-29 at 00:01. Reason: Update for 20100128-1

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Graham Cobb For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Note:
The summary applet can be sized down until it disappears from the home screen. Once it's gone, you can't grab anything to bring it back. Deselecting the applet and then reselecting it will cause the home screen to crash. A reboot brings it back.

I like the layout and icons, Excellent. I also like how tapping on the summary will bring up the relevant app.

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
here are some file manager issues i would love seeing fixed:

*directory browser setting state remembered between launches.

*size of directory browser area stays unchanged if a dir has a long name.

*ability to see and resize/sort by coulmns in list mode.

*see dot-hidden files or dirs.

*no auto-resize of filename column in list mode, if files have long names.

*show horizontal scroll if columns are pushed beyond screen edge.

*show button for internal sd slot (2GB area on N810).

this would make the file manager a good replacement for the built in one...

Posts: 874 | Thanked: 316 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ London UK
It seems that this installation/update is working for some?

But not for me.

From what I can see, the Repository as above is empty or am I misunderstanding?

Posts: 111 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Singapore
Upgraded calendar, to-do and contacts successfully. No bug(s) found so far. Thank you!

Originally Posted by Rebski View Post
From what I can see, the Repository as above is empty or am I misunderstanding?
If I remember correctly, you re-installed GPE from my daily build repository. You may already have a later version than this Beta, in which case AppMgr won't upgrade you!

What version do you have installed?

Graham

Posts: 874 | Thanked: 316 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ London UK
If I remember correctly, you re-installed GPE from my daily build repository. You may already have a later version than this Beta, in which case AppMgr won't upgrade you!
Yes you are right, I had GPE apps version _2.8+maemo+svn20081216-1 (or similar) installed, which I have now uninstalled and replaced with 2.8+maemo+svn20081212-3.

I strongly recommend that you may disable the extras-devel repository again after you have done the upgrade as it contains unreleased versions of many programs which you will not want to update
Both my Extras-Devel and Graham Cobb repository are now disabled. Presumably you will notify us when the apps are next updated, otherwise how else will we know?

Originally Posted by Rebski View Post
Presumably you will notify us when the apps are next updated, otherwise how else will we know?
If there is another update to the Beta I will announce it here on ITT. But my plan is to make it a full release, in which case I will put it in Extras (not just extras-devel) and the AppMgr should tell you about the update!

Graham

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Graham Cobb For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
tested the gpe music player just now, and i could not find any way to set the internal volume, and the output was kinda weak even when the main volume was a max...

oh, and any chance of it remembering what file, and where in it, it was when shut down?

hmm, i see now that it does, somewhat.

that is, it remembers where in a file it was, if said file was in a playing state when the player was closed...

but it is stopped/paused, it will start over from 0...

Last edited by tso; 2008-12-20 at 13:11.