Active Topics

Is the access to your router (if you have one) open or secured (MAC filtration or encryption)?

Bruce Schneier gave some good explanation on why you should leave your network open.

There is a lively discussion about this in the comments of the Lifehacker.com post about this artcle.

Closed. (wpa and mac filtering)

When you let your wlan open here in germany, and someone does somethig illegal, its partly your fault.

I don't want to pay for others illegal activities.

But I use Open Wlans. It's fully legal here

Last edited by kotzkind; 2008-01-12 at 17:13.

open, but I live so far out in the hills, that unless the cows get ITs and start to check Cowapedia, I don't have much to worry about.

Posts: 218 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ localhost
Hidden, mac filter & wep (some of my devices can't use wpa).

Posts: 531 | Thanked: 79 times | Joined on Oct 2006 @ This side of insane, that side of genius
hidden, mac filter, wpa-psk AES. dont want people leeching my bandwidth.
ElmScan 5 BlueTooth
BlackBerry Bold (9000)
AT&T Wireless

Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
Mine's wide open. Sofar nobody's found it, though...

hehe my is stolen from a local mall about 2 miles from my house! I got a linksys WRT54G running the lastest dd-wrt firmware hooked up to parabolic wifi antenna on the top of my building! I stop paying for internet a long time ago! I invest that money now on my phones 3g connection to my tablet

Originally Posted by loaderr View Post
hehe my is stolen from a local mall about 2 miles from my house! I got a linksys WRT54G running the lastest dd-wrt firmware hooked up to parabolic wifi antenna on the top of my building! I stop paying for internet a long time ago! I invest that money now on my phones 3g connection to my tablet
Hehe, nice. That's where it's at....

Hey, if it's free open wifi, why not?

Posts: 102 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Sep 2006 @ Manchester
partly open. anyone can use port 80.

some noob using it was sending spam (i imagine due to a windows virus). so i had to close the email ports.