hello,

About half a year ago my usb port came loose but didn't detatch from the phone itself. I couldn't bring it in because I voided my warrenty opening it. I know not the smartest thing to do but usually I can fix such problems. I bought a batterycharger and just used it w/o the usb port.

I did this untill now. I installed multiboot and nitdroid but recently i booted the machine and it showed ''press any key to panic''. I know the simple solution is reflashing the device. Problem, can't reflash due to the broken USB.

Does anyone have a detailed guide to repair the broken usb port or an idea how i can fix the ''press any key to panic'' message w/o needing the usb port.

Originally Posted by vis View Post
hello,

About half a year ago my usb port came loose but didn't detatch from the phone itself. I couldn't bring it in because I voided my warrenty opening it. I know not the smartest thing to do but usually I can fix such problems. I bought a batterycharger and just used it w/o the usb port.

I did this untill now. I installed multiboot and nitdroid but recently i booted the machine and it showed ''press any key to panic''. I know the simple solution is reflashing the device. Problem, can't reflash due to the broken USB.

Does anyone have a detailed guide to repair the broken usb port or an idea how i can fix the ''press any key to panic'' message w/o needing the usb port.
you can try pressing 0 in multiboot and see if that loads up maemo....

Originally Posted by tele View Post
you can try pressing 0 in multiboot and see if that loads up maemo....
I'm not getting multiboot anymore, When I start the device, I get an error with the message ''press any key to panic''

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
If you can't get an xterm, I doubt you can fix it, unfortunately.

There are people who think they can fix this and they have posted in the major usb threads, but they might not be easy to find. Maybe power search with key words like solder and usb.