Active Topics

Notices

hey hey...

everytime i connect my n900 to my pc, my medialibrary refreshes after it...
but thats not the problem...

the problem is everytime the library gets refreshed it tells me that 1-6 songs dont have any id tag ---> sorted under unknown artist...
that pisses me off becaue i tagged every single of my 4200 mp3s and if i look at them at my pc everything seems perfect...

the strangest thing is that everytime the library is refreshed the n900 tells me that other tracks have an unknown artist and the tracks that were unknown last time are perfectly sorted also i didnt change anything...

what can i do? is there a way to stop autorefreshing? can i change the tags when the mp3 is already in my library?

hope you know something

Last edited by WAAAH; 2010-01-02 at 20:28.

Hi Waaah.

I can perhaps help here. I've synced over 22GB of music from my iTunes library, and there were 273 songs that were listed as unknowns. I've discovered that in iTunes, I need to set the Sorting Tags for those files to reflect the Artist, Album Artist and Album Name, and then they are correctly listed when synced to the N900.

Hope this helps you figure out how to solve your issues. I'm down to 163 now, and still sorting out the track metadata in iTunes for the rest. So far so good.
Agro ... : |#---------] Relic(s) : N900, MacBookPro, NSLU2, N800, SheevaPlug, Eee-901, Core2-Quad, PS3
"In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they're not."
--
Beware of extras-devel.

The Following User Says Thank You to fnordianslip For This Useful Post:
After going through this process, of adding the Sort By tags, I was left with about 10 tunes that should have been properly identified, but weren't. I deselected those in iTunes, and synced, then reselected them and synced again. Now I just have a couple of tunes left that even I don't know who they are by.

Hope you can sort out your library OK
Agro ... : |#---------] Relic(s) : N900, MacBookPro, NSLU2, N800, SheevaPlug, Eee-901, Core2-Quad, PS3
"In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they're not."
--
Beware of extras-devel.

The Following User Says Thank You to fnordianslip For This Useful Post:
hmm i dont know how to use itunes but thx for the help
solved the problem by deleting and copying all songs over and over again until my n900 sorted all correctly
3 hours of "work" xD xD

I just wanted to tell you guys I had the exact same problem, and there are better ways to deal with this other than deleting and copying manually. You just need to open a terminal, and do
Code:
$ cd MyMusicFolderOrWhatever
$ touch FilenameOfUnrecognizedSongs.mp3
for me it was:
Code:
cd MyDocs/Music
touch Symphony\ X*
Because some of my Symphony X songs weren't recognized properly. Doing so made the tracker think: "those files have been modified!". In fact, after a reboot, all my songs were properly tagged because the indexer checked those files again. No need to actually copy them over and over.
I just guess the tracker skips some single files at times, no idea why... Hope this helps someone.