Active Topics

I was thinking that, if it is not already possible, that it would be nice to be able to have a desktop dedicated to Playlists in the media player. As in an icon, not unlike a contact, that could be placed on the desktop that when touched would launch the media player and begin playing a specific playlist. I don't remember seeing anything on this yet.

Any thoughts?

The Following User Says Thank You to marclais For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
Excellent idea.

It would be nice if such a shortcut could be made to work with whatever media player the user likes to use - this would require the user to be able to define their preferred media player somewhere. (Thinking about it, the same goes for desktop shortcuts to websites - hopefully users will be able to tell Maemo that we prefer to use Tear or Fennec (etc.) to open these shortcuts).

Posts: 199 | Thanked: 144 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ gbg.se
I like the idea as well, barring that I haven't used the device so there may be simple quick-access methods already.

Maybe it could actually be more general though, why not be able to have shortcuts/links to files in general? Playlists, media files, pictures, text files etc, all opening the file in the default application for the file type in question.

The file manager already works this way, right?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nymajoak For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
That's also a good idea.

I'm totally in support of the idea as browsing for playlist is not easy in N900, especially if you are on the move.