Active Topics

Hi guys and gals,

I am deaf in my left ear and was wondering how easy it would be to use by n900 as a hearing aid device. Essentially I would want to use the n900 as the microphone, and then have it play the sound throught he headphones in real time. This sort of application would allow me to hear people on my left

Any thoughts or knowledge of apps already out there would be great!

Yours
Niz

Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
Originally Posted by nizanh View Post
Hi guys and gals,

I am deaf in my left ear and was wondering how easy it would be to use by n900 as a hearing aid device. Essentially I would want to use the n900 as the microphone, and then have it play the sound throught he headphones in real time. This sort of application would allow me to hear people on my left

Any thoughts or knowledge of apps already out there would be great!

Yours
Niz
Good idea, does it depend on the quality of the microphone though?
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

I figured that as the microphone is good enough to capture my voice clearly even though it is pointing away, it would be good enough to capture chitchat near me.

The app would also need to display the folowing message on the screen.

"I AM DEAF. PLEASE TALK TO MY PHONE"

Niz