Active Topics

Posts: 473 | Thanked: 141 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Virginia, USA
Okay, this is wierd...I went to change my background image today, and it wouldn't change. I tapped on the desktop, then on the gear icon. Clicked on the Desktop Menu pulldown and Change Background.

The icons disappear, then after about 3 seconds reappear, but the list of backgrounds never comes up. I have a full battery, rebooted, and tried again. The first time, I got the same thing. The second time, the images list popped up and immediately disappeared. Subsequent attempts give me nothing but the icons disappearing and reappearing a couple of seconds later.

Has anyone seen this or have a fix for it? I'm running PR1.2, and have changed backgrounds in the past.

Thanks,
--vr

Posts: 1,169 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ sunderland
aint had that problem yet but im sure i will eventually!
its probs something youve installed recently thats messed things up,
my facebook and twitter widgets stopped working today, media player wont play ect, probs gonna have to reflash to fix it, shame cos my phone worked perfect up until a few says ago, its the price we pay for testing apps from extras devel i suppose

Originally Posted by leetut View Post
aint had that problem yet but im sure i will eventually!
its probs something youve installed recently thats messed things up,
my facebook and twitter widgets stopped working today, media player wont play ect, probs gonna have to reflash to fix it, shame cos my phone worked perfect up until a few says ago, its the price we pay for testing apps from extras devel i suppose
Yeah, I thought about that. I need to figure out what the last several apps I installed. I installed a couple, but wound up uninstalling them (todo lists, mebook, etc.)

Hopefully just uninstalling should clear it out.

Originally Posted by VulcanRidr View Post
Yeah, I thought about that. I need to figure out what the last several apps I installed. I installed a couple, but wound up uninstalling them (todo lists, mebook, etc.)

Hopefully just uninstalling should clear it out.
Well, that didn't work. Should I just flash the OS, or is a full (OS + EMMC) needed?

I know Maemo is debian-based, but would this work?

1. Back up to the SD card

Code:
dpkg --get-selections > pkglist
and copy to the SD as well

3. Flash the OS

4. Do any basic config, then
Code:
dpkg --set-selections < pkglist
apt-get dselect-upgrade
This should work, correct? Thats pretty much how I build a Debian box... Obviously, it won't catch the stuff in extras-devel or extras-testing, but I can do those on a case-by-case basis.

Sound plausible?

--vr