Active Topics

Hi There!
I annoyed u with many threads explaining my problem with n900 on maemo talk...
Finally i found that the problem with my n900 not just software -or maybe it's software but unique problem!- the problem that my n900 32 gb stored many data.. but now i can't remove, edit or add any data on it!
I am sure that's not in Read only mode.. i followed the right steps to fix it if it's read only..
i tried to flash EMMC on windows 7, xp 32bit.. and ubuntu... but i got the popular error "su_get_update_status_req terminated with error code 1"
No way to format it through the phone or computer..
and don't ask my to try again.. i tried backupmenu, partedmagic, windows disk management, android installed on external memory, ubuntu and many ways but all failed!
i used fsck, flashed different kernel, remove files manually.. no way!
i spent more than month searching and posting threads on the internet trying to find solution.. but i didn't get anything.
I sent my mobile to nokia care -worst service!- they kept it with them for more than a week then told me that they will try to fix it.. but they don't sure it will work again or not! (99% will die!)
Now i don't know what should i do? my system corrupted (cannot store anything contacts, messages, music or anything)..
the device working.. and i can flash it with any FIASCO image i need, but i can't use the 32 GB memory anymore!
I can see the capacity of the memory (27GB and 5GB Applicable memory)... but it's frozen!
Is there anyway to change the default memory of the phone to the external memory?.. and no need for the internal memory again?
I don't trust in any nokia service! i tried them for a long time since my nokia n79.. i know we xan do more than them!
Sorry for lengthy! please help me!
thanks in advance!

Posts: 701 | Thanked: 585 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ London, England
Yes, it is possible to use a SD card instead of the eMMC. There was a thread about someone who did it when their eMMC failed completely, but I can't seem to find it. If you look at the wiki in the Repartitioning the flash section, one of the options involves moving the /home (which also contains the /opt) to a SD card on a temporary basis while you repartition, I don't see why you can't adapt some of those instructions for a permanent move to a SD card.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to retsaw For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by retsaw View Post
Yes, it is possible to use a SD card instead of the eMMC. There was a thread about someone who did it when their eMMC failed completely, but I can't seem to find it. If you look at the wiki in the Repartitioning the flash section, one of the options involves moving the /home (which also contains the /opt) to a SD card on a temporary basis while you repartition, I don't see why you can't adapt some of those instructions for a permanent move to a SD card.
Thank u so much
I prefer someone to tell me where's this thread?
I'll search....