hello everyone ........

Recently ...... when i try rebooting my N900 using the reboot button ........ or using the reboot command on terminal ........

the phone reboots....... the nokia logo appears ...... then the phone shuts down ....... it doesnt reboot ...... i tried deinstalling kernel power .... thought the problem might come from there ........still the same ........

Any ideas ?

Thank you

hmmmm ....... i think i will try reflashing my phone ....... and see about it ......

Reflashing fixed it ....... but didnt realy know wut was the cause of that .......

before reflashig i tried to uninstall most of applications that might have caused that ....... and yet no results

Posts: 242 | Thanked: 86 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ UK/Scotland
post #1 op states problem
post #2 op offers solution
post#3 op fixes the problem

Cantonese Pen Power Input is only available in Hong Kong...SUX!

The Following User Says Thank You to Ykho For This Useful Post:
post # 4 thanks for answering

but i still realy wanna know what might have caused this

Posts: 238 | Thanked: 291 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ London, UK
I am facing the same problem as the "op", and I am not keen with the "op's" solution as setting it up would need hours due to the cutomizations. Anyone can advice on this?

well Fareed is right ........ i took the easy fast solution ....... but i will be noticing why does this happens when iam reinstalling apps and stuff

why......do.....you.....use.....so.....many....... .full.......stops...........?

Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
Well, at least he posted his solution. Better than fixing it and then never reporting it back. At least now someone with the same issue doing a search has a chance of finding a solution.

Posts: 701 | Thanked: 585 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ London, England
I have this problem too. It just hasn't bothered me enough to try and fix though.

I assumed it was because of u-boot with the version of kernel power (v45) I have installed, but if it persisted after you removed kernel power, then I guess it could be something else.

I would like to know if you followed the kernel power removal instructions from the wiki, to be sure you did actually remove it, and which version of kernel power you were running. Even if you did uninstall it correctly I would still leave open the possibility that it did something to cause this because I can't think what else would have an effect early enough in the boot sequence to do this.

If you do work out what caused this I would be interested to know what it was.