Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Dear Fellows: I have a problem with my N900: As I have been investigating the cause of its short battery service time, I found that the Calendar process is always eating up between 50% up to 80% of processor resources (checked with htop and conky).
What is the solution? I have killed the process but everytime I do that, somehow it is restarted.
Any ideas?

Thanks a lot

Posts: 66 | Thanked: 77 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ intheclouds
Hi can you give us detailed info like do you use buld-in calendar or use third party(if yes which?) can you paste your log from Htop here?

mve

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by mimoviz View Post
Dear Fellows: I have a problem with my N900: As I have been investigating the cause of its short battery service time, I found that the Calendar process is always eating up between 50% up to 80% of processor resources (checked with htop and conky).
What is the solution? I have killed the process but everytime I do that, somehow it is restarted.
Any ideas?

Thanks a lot
do you have calendar widget enabled?
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
No. I don't have the widget enabled. And no, Im just using plain vanilla PR 1.2, no third party software. I have been looking deeper into this issue and found one thread here:

http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/...4h/td-p/599903

It seems that if I update my Calendar database with isync (or anything else for that matter), the Calendar gets buggy, slow and eats away processor resources.
Hmmm it seems that the only solution is NOT to use the Calendar, or at the very least, use it with less that 50 entries in a year. This is unnaceptable for me since I ussually have more that 500 items per year in my ICal.

:-(

Any ideas.?

Last edited by mimoviz; 2010-08-05 at 11:15.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: