Active Topics

Posts: 716 | Thanked: 303 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Sheffield, UK
The latest edition of Linux Format includes a small piece on Maemo and the N900, as one of the cover features is Linux on the move.

Annoyingly, they claim the N900 supports multi-touch which could really mislead a lot of people. I am puzzled how they came to this conclusion as for all the misinformation about what the N900 does and does not do, multi-touch is not one of the false claims I have seen.

Any idea where this rumour came from? Or are Linux Format just plain incompetent?

My Websites
CSD Projects - Flickr - UAE4Maemo (UAE4All Compatibility List)

Favourite N900 Applications
Picodrive - UAE4All

Please post your UAE4All compatibility reports. Even better, post them to my UAE4Maemo site!
Not sure how UAE4All works such as mouse emulation? Read the FAQ.

Posts: 66 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Brighton
Originally Posted by Alex Atkin UK View Post
The latest edition of Linux Format includes a small piece on Maemo and the N900, as one of the cover features is Linux on the move.

Annoyingly, they claim the N900 supports multi-touch which could really mislead a lot of people. I am puzzled how they came to this conclusion as for all the misinformation about what the N900 does and does not do, multi-touch is not one of the false claims I have seen.

Any idea where this rumour came from? Or are Linux Format just plain incompetent?
Linux Format are just plain incompetent. Sometimes I buy that magazine because I'm bored and waiting for a train, and they never cease to amaze me with their non-facts and misinformation.

I can only assume that their readership is small and uninformed, and don't notice.