Hey everyone, doesnt seem any other person has had this problem, but when somebody calls me, my phone shows the call and vibrates, but takes a very long time before it starts playing the ringtone (whichever tone i choose does not make a difference). How can i solve this? I have had the problem since i first got the phone.

I want to try resolving it without having to reset the phone. I will leave that as a last resort. Can anyone help please?

i have also noticed this. first the screen comes to normal from locked and then it rings may be a fraction of sec later but didnt miss any calls due to that so didnt bother much.

Linux Based Devices : Motorokr e6 | Nokia N900

Posts: 85 | Thanked: 96 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Dunfermline, Scotland
Originally Posted by khellel View Post
Hey everyone, doesnt seem any other person has had this problem, but when somebody calls me, my phone shows the call and vibrates, but takes a very long time before it starts playing the ringtone (whichever tone i choose does not make a difference). How can i solve this? I have had the problem since i first got the phone.

I want to try resolving it without having to reset the phone. I will leave that as a last resort. Can anyone help please?
Christ, that's spooky! I was just trying to figure out the exact same thing when your post popped up. I checked settings and profiles, but all seems to be in order so I haven't a clue what's wrong.

Anyone?

btw. my n900 is flashed to 1.3 global and I flashed the emmc too. before this, there was no issue.

With me its not a fraction of a second, but up to 5 seconds after the call has gone through. the phone vibrates up to 4 or 5 times before the ringtone starts playing and its driving me nuts !I have to rely on the phones vibration to know that somebody is calling.

but let me add that this is my 2nd N900 phone and didnt have this problem with the first one. My fone is updated to the latest version 10.2010.19-1.203.1 . not too sure about the firmware, but im pretty asure its the PR1.3.

Last edited by khellel; 2010-11-03 at 12:29.

Posts: 21 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Sweden
I get no ringtone at all after PR1.3...

See here ringing delays 3-5 seconds.

I have the same problem but uninstall custom ringtones and install again and fixed, don't know if that works for all.

Grettings.

yea i got the same problem since i upgraded to pr1.3 sometimes the my default ring tone changes automaticaly on its own

Posts: 309 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Malaysia
yes..an application called custom-ringtones is the culprit..

uninstall it and the ringing delay will be solved

I uninstalled custom ringtones and that did the trick ! thanks alot guys ! appreciate it !