Active Topics

Posts: 183 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Seattle, WA
I've discovered a couple annoying bugs in xterm in the OS2008 beta on my N800. Every time I input a new letter using handwriting recognition, all of the text showing in the handwriting box is transferred to the prompt in the terminal.
Example: If I write 'sudo', what ends up on the command line is 'ssusudsudo' (s-su-sud-sudo). If I use the thumb keyboard, the input is copied to the command line twice, e.g. 'sudosudo', when I type something and then minimize (I don't know if that's the correct term) the keyboard. I've only seen these bugs happen in xterm, and the stylus keyboard seems to work fine. Is anyone else experiencing this? How do we go about reporting bugs to Nokia before they release the final version?

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by baksiidaa View Post
How do we go about reporting bugs to Nokia before they release the final version?
Try maemo bugzilla.

Do you have problems with handwriting recognition in MicroB as well, or am I the only one?

The Following User Says Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:
Posts: 574 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ BC, Canada
Originally Posted by baksiidaa View Post
Example: If I write 'sudo', what ends up on the command line is 'ssusudsudo' (s-su-sud-sudo).
So THAT's where that Phil Collins song comes from! Oh.. no... that's sussudio

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
Actually, it's possibly not a HWR specific bug but something that is happening for all forms of input when using xterm. Check bug #2391 for details - it might be worth mentioning in the bug that the same happens when entering text via the handwriting recognition.

Posts: 182 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Silly-Con Valley
Work around. If you turn off word completion this problem "goes away". Hardly a fix, but it does restore functionality.

Posts: 574 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ BC, Canada
That workaround would probably be worth adding to the bug report. Could help them nail down the cause.

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by technut View Post
That workaround would probably be worth adding to the bug report. Could help them nail down the cause.
The workaround doesn't have any effect on the thumbboard issues.