Notices

Posts: 472 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Texas
Here's the link: http://www.student.oulu.fi/~jualasal/gb/maemoftp.html I was able to install it just fine, and it opens, but trying to upload to my Blip account, it stalls out (or appears to).

Anyone else wanna try with another FTP server and see? This would be a really useful app if it works.

Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
If you need a FTP client, gftp works well.
http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...hp/t-6647.html

Last edited by debernardis; 2007-07-09 at 16:43.

Posts: 51 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Halifax, NS
I installed yesterday with exact same experience! It worked on OS2007 nicely, but the OS2008 version doesn't work. Got a connection but couldn't transfer...

Posts: 739 | Thanked: 159 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Germany - Munich
I can transfer fine on n800/OS2008.
Probably you have a firewall or server problem/restriction.

Very nice program!!

Posts: 51 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Halifax, NS
I had no problems what so ever with MaemoFTP on OS2007 before I upgraded to OS2008. Nothing has changed with my internet connection config. Wonder why its working for you and not me? When I went to upload, the progress bar showed the progress in B/s which started to drop till it got to zero and then nothing happened. Only about 250 Bits of the file actually got uploaded. Darren

Posts: 180 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Maine
MaemoFTP works fine for me on OS2007 on an N800. I use it all the time to transfer files locally to an ftp server that is local to my wireless router. However, I don't do too much with ftp servers that are out on the web somewhere.

Fred

Ftp is a not trivial protocol.

First, it relies on 2 network connections. One is the "Command and Control" channel (login, change directory, download command, upload command, change data channel configuration,..), the other one is the "Data" channel where the transfer really happen (download, upload, ls: list files)
Secondly, you can configure the data channel in two way: Passive FTP and Active FTP.

If you cannot login it means that the Command and Control TCP port (21 by design) is not reachable: Either the ftp server is not started or the firewall/NAT is not letting through the connection to port 21.
If you can login but cannot issue a ls/download/upload then your data channel is getting blocked.

Passive, active ftp, a definitive guide

In the menu, you can try to change it from active to passive or vice-versa. I'll try it a bit more to see if everything works.
All tests should be made without firewall and preferably locally first (no Router in between).

On a local network:

Passive (default) FTP mode:
Upload 600KB/s
Download 280KB/s

Active FTP (go in the menu and change the mode)
Doesn't work.
It looks like the client is telling the server to search the data channel on the source port of the control channel.. so it won't work.

And on connection, it's doing strange things (Netbios request, wtf with ftp??)